BW preorder for clocks now open

I hear you @Max Kool i just wished it was flushed with the triple tree. Im wondering why they can’t make it flushed like their Apex 701.

At least on the Vit 701, the yoghurt jar is part of the compartment behind the headlight that covers all the wiring. It's one piece. You can't remove it without cutting it.
You are right. I asumed the unit was one piece all together. My bad

Good question. Most bikes store it on the ECU, but surely not all.

(on my FTR it's stored in the dash. new dash => odometer reset to zero...)

I’m curious what functionality the new dash will provide. I haven’t noticed a tachometer in any of the photos. And couldn’t they include GPS functionality at that price point?

I think the same fuctionality as stock.

This circle is the tachometer.

1613557323803.jpg

And I bet the yellow and red dots are the shifting lights.

I actually like the stock dash, not the buttons though (to be fair, at this point I think I got used to them, or maybe they're just broken in)

Looks to me like they’ve taken their inspiration from the prototypes that were around originally. Same look to the speed / rpm view.

This made me look again at the original clocks and I had forgotten how horrible and bulky they are in stock form...the plastic guard that they sit in is quite bulky. I think the tiny little flyscreen they do for the 401s covers this area nicely, though not sure it’ll fit around this new unit.

Na... will probably not go for this option. Will rather pay for a hustle free installation of a motogadget motoscope pro.

The motoscope is a lot of work . There's a guy on vitpilen forum doing it now.https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/motogadget-motoscope-pro/

The motoscope is a lot of work . There's a guy on vitpilen forum doing it now.https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/motogadget-motoscope-pro/
Yes. I have looked in to his tread there. He is doing a great job digging into it. I just dont know what it takes to make it more plug and play. All the information the tacho needs should be comming out of the connection plug somehow. Is it the can bus that is the problem?

All that info IS on the canbus. But I guess there’s some proprietary stuff too. Shift lights, ABS/TC on/off, stuff like that.

Badwinners wrote a while ago it wasn’t as simple as they expected... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi guys. The motoscope pro was a pain to install, would of loved it to of been plug -n-play but motogadget don’t do a plug-in module that uses the original plug and then reads the canbus, that’s why I had to keep the original dash internals and relocate them to under the seat. I have full functionality of the original dash besides fuel level, not checked the average fuel consumption display yet. But not really interested in that. The dash is there for me to get the neutral indication, engine fault indication, TC and ABS deactivation. I have two push buttons for TC & ABS with Amber LED’s and the immobiliser LED. Looks like I will have one of maybe two with the motoscope dash on. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for anyone else who puts one on and finds a different way to wire it up, always open to new ideas !

I believe they opted for the odd transition section to be able to place it directly on top of the original location of the speedo so that it is easy to install and would be compatible with both the Vit and Svart 701s. Since it bolts directly atop, it can go on both bikes.

Also, like someone else said, their original was designed integrated with a new top triple clamp, and that would have added lots of $$ to the price and would not have been compatible with the Svart.

I'm on the fence, but I purchased one. I almost certainly will modify the old location and design and 3D print a new holder. This design, while functional, is ugly. It is literally sitting on top of the face of the old speedo location. The plastic parts that hold the speedo are really cheap <$20, so to modify is no big deal.

I was hoping for more on the screen than what I'm seeing here - a simple circle with kph in the center? I hope there are other setup options . . . .

Regardless, I'm in.

I believe they opted for the odd transition section to be able to place it directly on top of the original location of the speedo so that it is easy to install and would be compatible with both the Vit and Svart 701s. Since it bolts directly atop, it can go on both bikes.

Also, like someone else said, their original was designed integrated with a new top triple clamp, and that would have added lots of $$ to the price and would not have been compatible with the Svart.

I'm on the fence, but I purchased one. I almost certainly will modify the old location and design and 3D print a new holder. This design, while functional, is ugly. It is literally sitting on top of the face of the old speedo location. The plastic parts that hold the speedo are really cheap <$20, so to modify is no big deal.

I was hoping for more on the screen than what I'm seeing here - a simple circle with kph in the center? I hope there are other setup options . . . .

Regardless, I'm in.
That’s good insight @DWB.

There are so few aftermarket specific parts for the Vitpilen/Svart 701 lines that this will probably be our only option as far as plug and play goes.

I’m still on the fence so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Back
Top Bottom