BW preorder for clocks now open

MoeZambeek

fast rider
I got an email today saying the preorder is open. It’s a plug and play solution with alloy brackets and looks pretty nice but the details are pretty scarce - 1 photo and some text.

Regular price is 699 euro I believe.

If you click the pre order button in that mail and enter the password (BW701DASH)
You get to this site:
Which shows a couple more photos and the price (€560, price without discount is indeed €699 🤐)

1613557272298.jpg
1613557299579.jpg
1613557323803.jpg
1613557337541.jpg
1613557367815.jpg
I looks like it mounts on the bottom of the original clocks. Which makes me suspect it will look sh*t when viewed from the front of the bike. It looks quite bulky to me.
The dash itself looks nice, but I don't have any issues with the original dash, so I'll pass on the BW one.

I think they’ve done a pretty decent job considering it’s genuinely plug and play. It is undeniably expensive but then I guess they’re not likely to make a lot of these.

I guess it’ll look no worse from the front than the existing one does :)

Will I purchase? Mmmm well considering I have a love / hate with this bike, probably not. I can’t decide whether to move it on and find something else, or to double down on it and spend the cash addressing the things I don’t like about it and making it fit me a bit better.

Dunno, and I see what they did there. They made an adapter ring going from round to rectangular, raising the new dash. I hope the front doesn't have that "round to square" transition as well...

bw_701_dash_3.jpg copy.jpg

If I were to get one I'd cut off the round oem dash mount, and make a bracket myself to mount it lower, and closer to the top triple tree. Which of course requires fabbing up a rear for the dash to hide the connector.... 🧐

Great machining on the adapter ring btw, I just don't like the shape.

Last edited:
I think that might look OK with a small flyscreen.

Attachments

• D08CD781-26F2-4EB6-93D0-D8A49398FDEE.jpg
    D08CD781-26F2-4EB6-93D0-D8A49398FDEE.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
The description says BW push button. Guess it is som external buttons to mount on handle bar or likewise. Nothing in the pictures as i can se.

Wonder if there is something in the old dash that needs to be left in the old housing to get it to work properly?

Cant in the world Guess why they otherwise just throw the hole yoghurt jar away?

Cant in the world Guess why they otherwise just throw the hole yoghurt jar away?
At least on the Vit 701, the yoghurt jar is part of the compartment behind the headlight that covers all the wiring. It's one piece. You can't remove it without cutting it.

Ha, was in my spambox!

Anyway, it's not a touch screen.

Regarding control menu, we deliver a handlebar push button with the speedo (long push, short push process to enter and select different parameters)

I have a screen on my svart . So good there. Plus the connection is in the stock mount. The stock gauge is still small with a lot of wasted space . the stock buttons are trash. Plus my googles have a weird polarizing effect. I've been waiting almost a year for this

I have a screen on my svart . So good there. Plus the connection is in the stock mount. The stock gauge is still small with a lot of wasted space . the stock buttons are trash. Plus my googles have a weird polarizing effect. I've been waiting almost a year for this
Care to share a photo?

I just don’t know what to do. I hate the stock dash, it’s like from a kids toy. And I really want to like this tft one. But it looks so clunky, big.

Maybe it’s just because of the gap between the dash and the top triple tree, or the total thickness of the original “yoghurt jar”, spacer and the dash itself.

It doesn’t work for me yet...

Back
Top Bottom