Which de-cat?

Sofauxboho

contributing rider
Anyone on here have experience with the various products that allow you to remove the catalytic converter on a 701?

Some of them have a "bulge" in the middle, while some go straight through. What's the point of the bulge?

Has anyone done actual dyno runs that show what power gain / loss you get with one of these?

Here's the Arrow decat, with the bulge:
arrow_71701mi_790_duke_mid_pipe__62953.1567020261.1280.1280.jpg

Here's the Bad Winners decat, without the bulge:
decat_pipe_1200px_701_performance_kit_badwinners-600x600.jpg

And here's a cheap made in China decat from eBay, also without the bulge:
s-l1600.jpg

I believe the bulge is a tuning feature to regulate back pressure and sound pulses.
I have the Arrow because they put some thought and r&d into their design vs a straight through pipe.

I think the remus looks the coolest, and has an optional cat available if the smell is important to you:

Screenshot_20211021-191447_Samsung Internet.jpg

But other than the akro full pipe, with a decat you will gain somewhere and lose somewhere else, and its really up to the tuning to keep the bike in check.

Probably the weight loss / change to center of gravity is more noticeable than anything else.

But other than the akro full pipe, with a decat you will gain somewhere and lose somewhere else, and its really up to the tuning to keep the bike in check.
Do you have a link to the Akrapovic full exhaust system for the Vitpilen 701? I'm quite interested, but can't seem to find such a thing anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom