KTM 690 Duke and Vit 701 Exhaust Compatibility

DWB

expert rider
Anybody know if the pipe for a KTM 690 Duke will bolt up to a Vit 701? They look very similar.

I'm considering the Akra complete exhaust that has the increased volume in the middle (similar to a cat in location) to help reduce the midrange decrease with a decat.

Pipe is 76005907100 - picture attached.Akra690PipeWithCat.jpg

Anybody know for sure?

When I brought my 701 in to the dealer to have the clutch slave replaced last year, they had a lot of demo bikes from ktm/Husqvarna, including a 2020 Vitpilen 701 with a full akrapovic.
I think it was the 690 system, since there is no system available for the 701 officially.
The only things I can think of that might need modification is the silencer bracket, because that is located in a different spot in the 690 and it might interfere with the footrest because the Vit has them further back than the Duke.

Pirate racing also stuck a full system on a customer bike, it's in one of their videos, and you can see it in some pictures on their website:
Halter.jpeg
They used the Husky silencer instead of the Duke one though.

Last edited:
I have read some modification "diaries" about the 701 and I would still ask if you plan to consider the whole air/fuel system.

I wouldnt be surprised if you had alot of work to do after the exhaust is installed in order to make it run right through the whole rev range.

This is why the exhaust comes with an airbox and tune.

I have a PCV and after the exhaust is installed, it's off to 2WDW to get dyno tuned. So I should be good, as they'll dial it in with the new exhaust.

Still considering . . . a big investment.

Have not seen that one - reminiscent of the Akro for the FZ07, where it spins around.

Do you know of any dyno info? Curious to see performance compared to straight decat and also the OEM cat.

Thanks for the info.

I asked Michael from Pirate Racing about the Remus midpipe. Don't do it, it doesn't have enough volume. Stock is better.

I wouldnt be surprised if you had alot of work to do after the exhaust is installed in order to make it run right through the whole rev range.
This Duke 690 Full system is a straight bolt on for the Vit 701, except for the exhaust hanger. It performs nearly identical to the stock system. It does give a few extra top end hp without loosing midrange torque. Great system, albeit a bit expensive.

Back
Top Bottom