Duke Cup bellypan

Yes, looks nice.

Did you have your bike dyno-tuned after the K&N install? Don't happen to have a dyno run to share, do you? I'm curious about powerband after removing the airbox. Cheers.
I've got the pirate racing intake with pod filter, stock cat, removed rear muffler and just a small tip off the cat, pc6 with custom tune.

This is my graph before and after the tune. Note this is not a before and after of the mods. All mods were already in place on the before run and she was running very lean.

I was stoked with the 72.9hp at the wheel but especially happy with the midrange.
I got the tuner to overlay a few other pilen graphs that he had. There was one full on race bike with 0.5hp more but I was well up in the midrange and I was head and shoulders above any other bike right through the curve.

Attachments

• Dynograph 701 Torque before vs after.jpg
    Dynograph 701 Torque before vs after.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Dynograph 701 Kev Hall before vs after.jpg
    Dynograph 701 Kev Hall before vs after.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
@KiwiKev I thought that the Pirate kit had you modifying the airbox and not removing it completely? You opted to remove it instead?

You opted to keep the stock cat as well? I think this helped with your midrange. I think the Akro exhaust with the center cat-like section might do a little better, but with the decat in place, I think that's second best to maintain midrange. But Pirate's limited edition decat was excellent at midrange, but I don't believe is available. Attached is their dyno run.

Thanks for posting these. Looks like your tuner did a good job.Pirate Racing 701 With Akro Cat And Stage 1 Dyno.jpg

@KiwiKev I thought that the Pirate kit had you modifying the airbox and not removing it completely? You opted to remove it instead?

You opted to keep the stock cat as well? I think this helped with your midrange. I think the Akro exhaust with the center cat-like section might do a little better, but with the decat in place, I think that's second best to maintain midrange. But Pirate's limited edition decat was excellent at midrange, but I don't believe is available. Attached is their dyno run.

Thanks for posting these. Looks like your tuner did a good job.View attachment 4897
This is how my modified airbox ended up. For all intents and purposes it's open, but now I've got a great glovebox that can fit my toolkit and half a dozen beers, plus it looks bloody good I reckon.

My tuner was surprised how my bike performed on the dyno. He was worried that removing all that exhaust length was going to be very detrimental to making good power. Turns out it's a pretty magic formula.

Attachments

• 20231115_172335.jpg
    20231115_172335.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20231115_153345.jpg
    20231115_153345.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231114_165242.jpg
    20231114_165242.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 27
I believe pirate racing talk about needing a bigger chamber than the Arrow at that point in the exhaust to be optimal. I think they might use the full Akro system from the duke 690 R. This has a much bigger chamber than the Arrow.

I really don't think you can really get better than the stock cat but you can get lighter.....

The Remus pre muffler is meant to have enough volume for midrange power by less weight and less backpressure for more high-end power, also.

@BISavage has made his own experience with it.

@KiwiKev My bad - I was mixing your bike up with the bronze one shown on page one, which has the airbox removed. I think your open-sided box looks fantastic; it's a great look. I don't think I like the fully removed airbox though. Thanks for the pix - the stash is hilarious.

If I recall from the very poorly translated video, their decat had a better midrange than the Akro, but the Akro had a better top-end with a dip in the midrange.

. . . and it's only opened on one side. Interesting. You had this done by Pirate Racing and sent the box into them? How was that experience? If I recall, the kit and service was expensive.

. . . and it's only opened on one side. Interesting. You had this done by Pirate Racing and sent the box into them? How was that experience? If I recall, the kit and service was expensive.
I bought the pirate racing intake second hand (actually a locally made copy). It came with a very nicely machined snorkel, pod filter and an airbox that'd been roughly gutted to suit.
I cut the side out of the airbox and completely gutted the inside. I changed to a different filter to allow better alignment with the cutout.

Back
Top Bottom