Duke Cup bellypan

ChainsawDuke

fast rider
Way back in July I ordered a replica carbon 690 Duke cup bellypan from EF Products in Malaysia, with a plan to fit to my Svartpilen. Long story short, it never turned up and the guy stopped answering my messages. One of those things I guess, always a bit of a risk. Anyway, I was in the process of sending my monthly message chasing either the bellypan or my money and I thought I would have a look on eBay. Bit of a result to find an unused HF Carbon version complete with the genuine KTM mounting kit. I'm not a huge fan of CF but my God this thing is beautiful.
1000005313.jpg

As soon as I get it fitted I'll post some pics, currently waiting on a Nitron R3 shock, so might be able to do both at the same time.

Nice looking piece, I'd put some x-pel or other self healing vinyl on that so it doesn't get beat up immediately.
What is HF?
Interested to hear if the tabs/holes all line up properly.

Nice looking piece, I'd put some x-pel or other self healing vinyl on that so it doesn't get beat up immediately.
What is HF?
Interested to hear if the tabs/holes all line up properly.
HF Carbon is the manufacturer.

Got a top tip from the Duke FB group, using neodymium magnets in the mount holes, offer up the bellypan then use second magnets on the outside to locate, mark up then drill. I have seen far too many mounted badly and it would drive me nuts if the position wasn't perfect.

Reactions: DWB
I also fitted a Nitron R3 as did others. Most came with preload too high. I suggest you dial it back a little before installation, as altering it after install is a major PITA! Also, how are you mounting the reservoir? Just curious.

I also fitted a Nitron R3 as did others. Most came with preload too high. I suggest you dial it back a little before installation, as altering it after install is a major PITA! Also, how are you mounting the reservoir? Just curious.
Not sure on mounting location yet but as I have done the airbox delete I have a few more options. Should make adjustments easier too hopefully.

Here is one location for the reservoir. The preload is difficult to access after mounting, but once it is adjusted you are unlikely to need to alter the preload very often as it is not a bike likely to be loaded with heavy luggage or a pillion. Just allow 30 minutes fiddling around with the preload for the initial setup and try to co-opt another pair of hands to help measure the sag while you sit on the bike. Trying to guess adjustments before fitting would be tricky. My shock was built up locally in New Zealand by the Nitron importer so may be setup quite differently from the factory settings.

Attachments

• IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 19
Here is one location for the reservoir. The preload is difficult to access after mounting, but once it is adjusted you are unlikely to need to alter the preload very often as it is not a bike likely to be loaded with heavy luggage or a pillion. Just allow 30 minutes fiddling around with the preload for the initial setup and try to co-opt another pair of hands to help measure the sag while you sit on the bike. Trying to guess adjustments before fitting would be tricky. My shock was built up locally in New Zealand by the Nitron importer so may be setup quite differently from the factory settings.

Hopefully the settings should be pretty close, they take your weight with gear, pillion use/weight and riding use road/track, then build and set it up to order.

As I have removed the airbox I am hoping to mount the reservoir in the extra space there.

I ended up making a custom 3D printed bracket for both my exhaust hanger (massive PITA as the exhaust wants to interfere with the heel of my right foot, but the exhaust pieces can roll independently and change location, so LOTS of trial and error to move it away from my heel but not have it look lame) and the Nitron reservoir (this was not so difficult and worked very well). If I ever get time, I'm going to redo them out of ASA, and they should last for many years (UV concern with PLA, which is what they are now. See attached.

20231211_145925.jpg20231211_145935.jpg20231211_145947.jpg20231211_145955.jpg

Yes, that is the Buell holder (and I thank you for the reference).

I was told by Nitron that the attached res model (#2?) would not fit in our frame with our swingarm. Very interested to see if it fits . . . .

Yes, that is the Buell holder (and I thank you for the reference).

I was told by Nitron that the attached res model (#2?) would not fit in our frame with our swingarm. Very interested to see if it fits . . . .
I have seen one Vit with the piggyback shock fitted, the reservoir goes on the side facing away from the wheel and seems to be fine. As I don't have the airbox I suspect it will work forwards or backwards facing.

Yes, looks nice.

Did you have your bike dyno-tuned after the K&N install? Don't happen to have a dyno run to share, do you? I'm curious about powerband after removing the airbox. Cheers.

Yes, looks nice.

Did you have your bike dyno-tuned after the K&N install? Don't happen to have a dyno run to share, do you? I'm curious about powerband after removing the airbox. Cheers.

Hoping to get it on a dyno in the new year. Currently running the open airbox/decat map on the PC5 along with a fuel dongle. It has been a long time since it was stock and made a lot of changes so it is hard to make an objective comparison, but nothing has hurt the midrange so far, if anything it feels stronger. Lower gearing helps more than anything though.

Well done. Looks great and probably saves a little weight because those stock side pieces are surprisingly heavy.

Back
Top Bottom