All black adjustable lever

Which function are you looking for?
Folding, sliding, adjusting, all...
There are a lot of different options available, levers are just so much of a preference thing its hard to say which ones would be good for you.
 
Which function are you looking for?
Folding, sliding, adjusting, all...
There are a lot of different options available, levers are just so much of a preference thing its hard to say which ones would be good for you.
All 3, I'm looking for levers like that one but without the sliver parts. All black.
 
You mean like the generic china ones: (which are probably made in different quality levels for different brands and packaged accordingly, all at the same factory...)

Screenshot_20221005-213106_Samsung Internet.jpg


Cant say whether they are "good" or not... havent treid them.
 
You mean like the generic china ones: (which are probably made in different quality levels for different brands and packaged accordingly, all at the same factory...)

View attachment 3675


Cant say whether they are "good" or not... havent treid them.
Correct, like these, but with a little more reputable manufacturing to Al least give someone a false sense of security.
I've looked to AVS, CRG, Gilles. What other brands I should be looking at?
 
I thought of that, but determining compatibility is a bit tricky with my bike.
For instance, most pictures of the clutch I've seen here have a very different main cylinder than my bike. I've read that 701 Pilens come with Magura HC1 from factory, but mine didn't (This must be a US thing, like the turn signals).
 
I thought of that, but determining compatibility is a bit tricky with my bike.
For instance, most pictures of the clutch I've seen here have a very different main cylinder than my bike. I've read that 701 Pilens come with Magura HC1 from factory, but mine didn't (This must be a US thing, like the turn signals).
The vitpilen 701 come with the magura hc1. The svartpilen 701 comes with a different master cylinder. (Some black axial unit with an integrated reservoir)
The brake master is also a non radial with integrated reservoir on the svartpilen 701, where its a radial with separate reservoir on the vit.
 
The vitpilen 701 come with the magura hc1. The svartpilen 701 comes with a different master cylinder. (Some black axial unit with an integrated reservoir)
That's it.
Are the brakes the same?

Edit:
Nevermind, I just found they are not.
 
Last edited:
Found these from RAXIMO .
They seem to be TÜV certified, and are available for the right make and model.
Fingers crossed
 
I just purchased a kit for my Svart from Raximo. They seem nice quality. My only complaint would be slightly squarish cross-section (not as comfortable as the smoothed OEM) and if you extend the lever, there is the slightest discontinuity where the two lever pieces come together and you can slightly feel it. With leather, you will likely not feel it. Compared to the ones you posted above, which are designed to not have a feel difference as you slide one lever part from the other.

I haven't ridden with them yet. Just put them on, but they seem to be compatible and solidly designed and crafted. LOTS of color options too.
 
Where did you purchase from? I recently broke my brake lever, and I can't seem time find anyone selling the original OEM brake lever. I'm likely going to just purchase a new set of levers so they match, but I've never replaced levers before. Is the installation process pretty easy? Are there instructions that come with the set?
 
If you are asking me about the Raximo levers, I purchased them directly from the factory. In Germany or France, don't recall. Should be able to find via google search.
 
If you are asking me about the Raximo levers, I purchased them directly from the factory. In Germany or France, don't recall. Should be able to find via google search.
Got it, thanks. Do the levers come with instructions on how to install them? I've never swapped out levers before.
 
Kinda like remove and replace.
When you look at it close you can see that there is a screw, and normally some grease.

You will need at least a screwdriver and some grease to complete the task.

Important: when you are feeling lost or not really completely comfortable with doing it,
dont;
nothing wrong to just go pay a shop 20 bucks instead of risking your life - brake levers are important.
 
Yes, the transfer is pretty easy. No instructions. One nut and one screw. The only complex part is that there is a flexible rubber part on the clutch that is a dust/dirt shield and it needs to be pulled into place but wants to snap back. Takes some effort to get it to grab and hold. Not difficult, but a challenge.
 
I got the one I ordered from RAXIMO a couple of days ago.
I'm still waiting for a chance to install them, but they look solid and well made. A little bigger/bulkier than I expected though.

IMG_20221025_211334.jpgIMG_20221025_211231.jpgIMG_20221025_211257.jpg
 
Yes, that is my complaint. You tend to get used to it, especially with gloves. Over time, you forget how smooth the OEM felt. Good luck.
 
Is there any shorter version of the Svsrtpilen's OEM Brembo brake lever?
 
Back
Top Bottom