`27 801 SE

CurveRider

new rider
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
3
Location
Smoky Mountains
Hi all. I'm a newbie here and bought a 801 a few days ago (sight unseen) after watching several video reviews which sold me on the bike. The OEM tires were swapped for Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 tires and I headed for the nearby Tail-of-the-Dragon for tire-scuffing and to explore the 801. After some intense curves and feeling the great roll-on torque, I knew it was the right bike. Bar-end mirrors also replaced the OEM mirrors and I'm looking for a tail tidy and other mods. When I got home from the first ride, there was a puddle of oil on the floor and thought I already had an output shaft leak until I realized it was just excessive chain grease that had collected around the countershaft sprocket and dripped down. Relief...! 😅 Cheers from the Smoky Mountains.

Dragon_9-30-26_1.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: DKE
Back
Top Bottom