2020+ Svartpilen and Vitpilen Seat Options

I typically ride nearly almost on the portion where the seat separates on the Svartpilen. So I just ordered the 1 piece 20/21 Vitpilen Ergo Comfort seat for my 2020 Svartpilen. It's on backorder and not expected until the end of September, though. But it looks good, and I'll see if that helps out with the comfort. I may have my stock Svartpilen seat redone with some gel inserts on top of the foam to help that out too over the winter.

28607940100_1000x785.jpg

I see no way to bolt the 2020+ seat pieces together to be a single piece. Maybe the earlier models though?

flat one piece seat with no ridge , for newer models , does exist?
There is still a "step", but like I said earlier, the Vitpilen seat fits the Svart for the 2020 and later 401 models, as shown here:

hey, you still liking the seat? I was thinking of the ergo seat ...vitpilen or svart two piece. But I'm looking for user opinions...is the ergo one better than the stock seat?

I have the 2019 version style and I really like it.
I went 2 piece because I often use the rack, and its easy to swap back to the seat when necessary.

I have the 2019 version style and I really like it.
I went 2 piece because I often use the rack, and its easy to swap back to the seat when necessary.
Sorry, you have the 2019 ergo seat? Is it actually better? What's the difference, I can't find any info...lol Softer? Gel?

R

2019 aren`t compatible with 2020 ...seat.jpgseat.jpgi used a vitpilen style seat on the svartpilen for more flat track feeling and more space to move <better shape and comfy also great for tall people

Sorry, you have the 2019 ergo seat? Is it actually better? What's the difference, I can't find any info...lol Softer? Gel?

R
The 2018-2019 upgrade seat was called "style seat".

The 2020+ is called "ergo seat"

They are not interchangeable because the bikes are different length, but provably otherwise the same.

The 2018-2019 upgrade seat was called "style seat".

The 2020+ is called "ergo seat"

They are not interchangeable because the bikes are different length, but provably otherwise the same.
Oh yes, I know. I’m not saying the 2018/19 seat for mine I’m simply asking the “ergo” seat. Is it better/more comfy or is it just a style thing.

There’s a 2020/21 “ergo” Vitpilen seat I could get that would fit my Svart as well but again is it just style or is it actually better?

Here's my 2020 Svart with the 1 piece Vitpilen Ergo seat. It does say Vitpilen on it (embossed if that bothers anyone). The side suede doesnt really match anything, and would've been visually better in dark black, but perhaps it won't fade much in this shade.

It's a definite improvement in comfort for longer rides, and easier for a taller rider like me to scoot further back and change seating positions without being on an uncomfortable gap. It doesn't make it a comfortable touring bike, of course, but my rear definitely approves of the purchase after going on a couple 90 and 120 minute rides without stopping.

I doubt I'll go back to the stock dual seat any time soon.

20211010_104557.jpg20211010_104537.jpg.

It doesn't make it a comfortable touring bike, of course, but my rear definitely approves of the purchase after going on a couple 90 and 120 minute rides without stopping.

Exactly.

As the bike can go for 3 or 4 hours on a tank, the upgraded seats offered by Husqvarna make it less of a chore on the hindquarters.
Definitely gets a recommendation from me.

What the ergo seat wont do is eliminate the spine snapping/ tooth chattering action, thats the stock rear shock.

Haha. Thanks guys. I spent 6 days in a row on the Svart and 3000km. By the 2nd or 3rd day I was kinda use to it lol. But ya the ass got slightly sore, but I found the fuel ups kept me stretching.

I’ll prolly pick up the ergo seat Mar/Apr for next season. No point in getting it now…pretty sure I’ll be seeing snow soon here in Canada…

…pretty sure I’ll be seeing snow soon here in Canada…

On a side note, as you mention snow...
The Svartpilen does very well in snow and sleet and ice (as long as the cords arent showing 🙈)

I wouldnt recommend going snow bound though unless your either very confident in your style of riding or your "thickness" of pocket book.

On a side note, as you mention snow...
The Svartpilen does very well in snow and sleet and ice (as long as the cords arent showing 🙈)

I wouldnt recommend going snow bound though unless your either very confident in your style of riding or your "thickness" of pocket book.
Lol, I'll keep that in mind. But judging by how cold I was riding in 12°C, rainy weather I'd need to buy a whole lotta new riding gear...or wear my sled suit! :)

I'm still waiting on my one piece vitpilen seat for my Svart. But they told me it was going to take a while. I will almost certainly redo that seat after I test it.
Can I buy your svartpilen pillion seat? Mine flew off when it wasn't secured properly and I could not find it on the highway!

Can I buy your svartpilen pillion seat? Mine flew off when it wasn't secured properly and I could not find it on the highway!
Mmm, I just got the Ergo seats. So I have the main seat and the pillion seat. If there’s a market for them I’ll sell them both. Pm me if you’re interested.

Note that I’m in Canada.

Hey, just curious. Why are you keeping it? Lol.

I’m trying to think why I’d want to keep it…I’m sure there might be a reason I’m not thinking of.

Rob
I tend to keep all the original parts parts in a box in case I need them, or for the next owner. I have a box like this for each vehicle I own.
Much of this comes from the fact that I restore old bikes and things, and finding the old OEM parts can be very hard. This is probably a foolish motivation... but it's what I do.

Back
Top Bottom