2020+ Svartpilen and Vitpilen Seat Options

Vintage Veloce

pro rider
I don't like the two piece seat on my 2020 Svartpilen 401.
Well, I love how it looks, but the bump between the seats is too sharp and hard.
I had been looking for a one piece seat... but for some reason I didn't realize the 401 Vitpilen seat is one piece!

So I just ordered a 2020 Vitpilen seat for my Svartpilen. It was about $120. I'm likely to redo the foam and recover it too.

But while I was checking stuff out I accumulated a couple pics of some of the options. I'll post them below. Are there any other options out there for the 2020+ bikes?

Here is the Stock Svartpilen 401 Seat:
2020-Husqvarna-SVARTPILEN-401b.jpg

Here is the stock Vitpilen 401 seat:
2020-Husqvarna-VITPILEN-401a.jpg

Here is the Svartpilen Ergo Seat and the piece for the pillion:
2020 Svart Ergo.jpg
2020 Svart Pillion Ergo.jpg

Here is the Vitpilen 401 Ergo Seat:
2020 Vit Ergo.jpg

Yes to my eyes the profile is almost exactly the same between Vit and Svart. The slope up to the pillion section appears a little bit less steep on the Vitpilen seat which I suppose could induce a bit of leaning forward as is conducive to the Vit's riding position, but it's probably minimal.

That cover is nice, but that's quite a bit of scratch for a cover that will probably have to be modified to fit the 2020 seats. At least judging by the diagrams the profiles look pretty different between 2019 and 2020.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.43.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.43.06 AM.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.43.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.43.45 AM.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16
It seems almost exactly the same profile as the Svartpilen, just one piece... or am I missing something?
i have the vitpilen style 19er seat on my svart 19er and it works perfect and looks sexy more flat tracker end

I took mine to a nearby upholstery shop. They "filled-in" the dish part of the seat for the most part, it's a tiny bit wider to make it so you aren't sitting on the seat pan. And recovered both halves with marine/boat grade vinyl.

IMG_8015-L.jpg

IMG_8014-L.jpg

I'm still waiting on my one piece vitpilen seat for my Svart. But they told me it was going to take a while. I will almost certainly redo that seat after I test it.

The 2020 Vitpilen one piece seat DOES FIT my 2020 Svartpilen.
16286323424315650847860201710514.jpg

I received it a while back and I do find it more comfortable than the Svartpilen seat, because it is one piece and there is no big ridge between the sections.

I do think the transition between the pilot and passenger sections could be smoother, and I am likely to remove the cover and reshape the foam. I'll post about that when it happens.

Last edited:
So, vitpilen style seat does not fit to svart.... sad byt true...

The fit/no fit issue relates to model year. The 17-19 bikes fit each other, and the 20-21 bikes fit each other, but the 20-21 bikes have a slightly longer tail section. I liked the little rear rack that fits the early Svarts in place of the pillion seat but they don't make one for my 21 model.

The fit/no fit issue relates to model year. The 17-19 bikes fit each other, and the 20-21 bikes fit each other, but the 20-21 bikes have a slightly longer tail section. I liked the little rear rack that fits the early Svarts in place of the pillion seat but they don't make one for my 21 model.
Probably obvious enough, but the rack weight like 150g more than the seat.

I find it interesting that there appear to be bolt holes for the two piece seat to have the option of making it a bolted together "one piece"

The 2020 Vitpilen one piece seat DOES FIT my 2020 Svartpilen.
View attachment 2139

I received it a while back and I do find it more comfortable than the Svartpilen seat, because it is one piece and there is no big ridge between the sections.

I do think the transition between the pilot and passenger sections could be smoother, and I am likely to remove the cover and reshape the foam. I'll post about that when it happens.

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I don't think I've ever noticed that you swapped out your turn signals for LEDs. What did you use, and were resistors necessary?

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I don't think I've ever noticed that you swapped out your turn signals for LEDs. What did you use, and were resistors necessary?
That is here:

I just installed this same amazon relay to fix the hyper flash on my led stalks. You will need to swap the pins in the plastic plug to ensure the red wire is getting 12V.
Red to Brown and Orange to Black. 2021-08-10.jpg

Probably obvious enough, but the rack weight like 150g more than the seat.

I find it interesting that there appear to be bolt holes for the two piece seat to have the option of making it a bolted together "one piece"

The weight wasn't an issue, I just like the funky look of it. If I go out for lunch I'm more than 150g heavier on the ride home. :)

I hadn't noticed the bolt holes. I might do check it out. I don't have the seat off much but my memory is that the front section sits into two cradles and the rear section locks them down. I don't know how that would work if they were one piece.

Back
Top Bottom