Watch the shifter bolt

dakaroo

fast rider
20210826_142850.jpgFYI, I did 150k ride on my SV401 and after getting home I noticed the bolt holding the shifter linkage to the shift arm had come lose, almost feel out. I cleaned the threads and applied 242 loctite, that should hold. It would've been bad to drop that off on the highway.

Interesting, I typically have to tighten the other one, marked with blue i your pic.

Like every tenth ride.

I notice before I take off because 1st makes a clunk if its loose.

Mine fell out on city streets. Luck I noticed right away and was able to walk back and recover the bushing/bolt. Definitely this is not getting loctite like it should during the assembly.

Mine fell out after about 100 miles. Fortunately, it fell out right at the entrance to my driveway.
Certainly worth checking and even re-tightening with some thread locker.

FYI, I did 150k ride on my SV401 and after getting home I noticed the bolt holding the shifter linkage to the shift arm had come lose, almost feel out. I cleaned the threads and applied 242 loctite, that should hold. It would've been bad to drop that off on the highway.

I’m curious what years everyone’s bikes are in this case. Is this a Austrian-assembly vs Indian-assembly thing? 2018 teething? Something else?

I just took delivery of a 2022 V401 and am going over things slowly. — I’m also curious which bits are assembly bits at the factory, which are PDI assembly issues at the dealer. (I noticed today the front wheel speed sensor wire is routed in such a manner as to block the fork dust o-ring at the bottom of the fork. Weird.)

(I noticed today the front wheel speed sensor wire is routed in such a manner as to block the fork dust o-ring at the bottom of the fork. Weird.)
The wheel speed sensor cable is always routed around the bottom of the fork tube.

2018/19 are Austria (most of the part groups still had india assembly judging by the stickers)

2020+ are Indian

The bike comes on a palette without the bars and plate holder attached.

The wheel speed sensor cable is always routed around the bottom of the fork tube.

In my case, the red o-ring for each side was delivered at the very bottom of the forks. On the brake-side, the wheel speed sensor wire is routed and zip-tied snug directly above the o-ring, and under such tension that I’ll need to remove the zip-ties securing the wheel speed sensor in order to release and reposition the sealing ring.

The bike is stored across town in another garage, so I don’t have photos, but it’s the red ring in the press photos.

Attachments

• 9DB0C94C-F33B-4405-80F7-7EBDAA5FD680.jpeg
    9DB0C94C-F33B-4405-80F7-7EBDAA5FD680.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 18
Like this right?
Close. On mine the red ring is being held captive between the sensor wire and the cast fork stay at the very very bottom. From the bottom up: black aluminum -- red o-ring -- sensor wire — blank gap of chrome fork tube… Everything is quite snug and there’s no chance that a move unless I get in there and snip the zips.

Close. On mine the red ring is being held captive between the sensor wire and the cast fork stay at the very very bottom. From the bottom up: black aluminum -- red o-ring -- sensor wire — blank gap of chrome fork tube… Everything is quite snug and there’s no chance that a move unless I get in there and snip the zips.
my 2022 was the same way, except i was able to squeeze the o ring back to the other side of the cable

Only one zip tie on the caliper bolt, right?
my 2022 was the same way, except i was able to squeeze the o ring back to the other side of the cable
If it gives any idea of how busy I've been lately, I've not only been unable to ride, but unable to get to the pal's garage where the bike is stored for a couple weeks.

I did, however, just remember that I took photos last time I was in there. (And looking at them now, dang, I've got a lot of work to do going around the bike and cleaning up all the QC-applied Sharpie marks and wax pencil everywhere).

For the sake of posterity, they're included below:

1654190871071.jpg1654190956856.jpg

Brand new, 2022 Svartpilen…1 mile on odo…get home from dealer…oil all over right side engine case…no idea what was wrong…go back to dealer, NO GASKET installed on clutch cover during assembly. Luckily they had part…was in and out in about 2 hours. Now dealing with “seeping oil” from bottom of heat shield, most likely from when cover was removed. Fingers crossed. 100 on odo now…being very watchful.

Good to hear your dealer fixed the problem, I wonder how many other engines in the production line missed having the gasket installed. Keep an eye on the oil level, and mostly enjoy your new ride its a blast 😉

If it gives any idea of how busy I've been lately, I've not only been unable to ride, but unable to get to the pal's garage where the bike is stored for a couple weeks.

I did, however, just remember that I took photos last time I was in there. (And looking at them now, dang, I've got a lot of work to do going around the bike and cleaning up all the QC-applied Sharpie marks and wax pencil everywhere).

For the sake of posterity, they're included below:

View attachment 3329View attachment 3331
Same situation with me. Was able to get it into place without any issue. Thx for posting.

Back
Top Bottom