Svart 401 shutting off while engaging clutch (low revs, decelerating)

joeprez

expert rider
I mentioned this in my "mods" thread but a separate thread might be more helpful to me and anyone else with this issue.

I have a question regarding an old issue that I never found how to correct it, but have read it's common, or at least was with the 2019 401 Svarts. While decelerating, if you engaged the clutch to go from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 the bike would shut off. I checked the stand sensor and that's not it. Also read about not overfilling the tank but it has happened with and without a full fuel tank. I've read about taking the bike to the dealer for a ECU reset (or reflash?) but was not able to confirm if that solved the problem. At one point I thought, because it is a thumper, that I just had to always rev match when downshifting, but the truth is that I can't replicate that issue in my 701 Enduro. Also all the 390 Duke owners I've talked to have said it doesnt happens in their bikes. Unfortunately I don't know any local Svart or Vit owners.

I even took off the Leo Vince slip on and installed the OEM muffler back to see if that would make any difference.

Thanks!

Well, everyone I know who had that issue, and then installed a cobber, probably for other reasons, reported that the problem "automagically" disappeared for good.

I also dont know anyone who used other similar type mods... so I have no comparison for other options.

I receive the following theory from another forum:

"Do you "use" the motorbreak before downshifting? Because if you do, there's no fueling in that time before you engage the clutch.
I guess Husqvarna messed up the injection system in the first model years. I reckon an update of your control unit could solve this problem."

I think I've always "engine brake" when it has happened to me... make sense as the bike feels like the fuel is cut.

Oh, and a recommendation to try this product:

I did get a software update mid last year, which made the fuel range work differently, amd probably some other stuff too...

Back
Top Bottom