SP401 w/ KTM Duke 390 Mirrors

pudding

fast rider
Hi!
Vintage Veloce asked that I post a few pics of my bike with the Duke 390 mirrors I mounted. I'll say that they're a really big improvement over stock in terms of visibility, but I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics. The shape I don't mind too much, I guess it's sort of complimentary to the Puig fairing, but I don't like the materials as the shaft is enveloped in a rubber cover. At $36 I paid for the pair, I'm more than willing to ignore the aesthetic shortcomings until I can find a pair that I like, and that function as well as these do. KTM part numbers 93012540000 and 93012541000 if you're interested.

IMG_5373.jpgIMG_5311.jpegIMG_5859.jpeg

Good write up.

Unfortunately you're right about the aesthetics... they definately are less flattering on the 401 than the 390... but on the bright side, they go well with those dot spec signals 😉

Yeah, you can see how these go up high and wide and that's great for function.
I like the shape of the mirror part itself, but the stalk could be a bit more elegant.
Are the reflectors very convex?

Yeah, you can see how these go up high and wide and that's great for function.
I like the shape of the mirror part itself, but the stalk could be a bit more elegant.
Are the reflectors very convex?
Yes, the stalk is basically encased in a big rubber boot, so it's about as elegant as a pair of wellies.
The mirrors don't feel overly convex; the Migazi Missie mirrors I'm selling on the forum here feel much more convex, maybe that's a consequence of their circular shape. Functionally the KTMs are pretty spot on.
I've been wondering about CRG Lanepsplitters and similar mirrors, since they're out so wide, but I'm hesitant to spend that much money (including the appropriate bar end mounts) to find out that I don't like looking so far down to use them. I also briefly tried the Husky bar ends, but again they didn't seem to improve enough over stock to justify the price and I returned them.

Back
Top Bottom