Miss Shifts, (she's) My Every Day Thing

Dr.Shifty

contributing rider
What is it about that shift pro kit that makes it easier to shift and assures no mis-shifts?

I've only had the Svart for a week and a few hundred kms. I've had no problems shifting so far but getting it into neutral when stopped is tricky. I've found it's easier to get there from 2nd than from 1st.

BISavage

top rider
The kit has a new arm with a ceramic bearing which allows for smoother rotation of the shift star, and a new spring to pull the arm into place.

It is not absolutely impossible to miss a shift, what I did notice though is that after a few hours with the kit installed I wasnt having to focus on making the "perfect shift", everytime, to avoid pegging limiter and was able to concentrate on other things.

I am sure that with manufacturing tolerances every bikes gearbox has its own personality, and this one benefited so substantially from the kit that the difference in feel from now to before could be compared as butterfly kisses to full-contact flag-football.

If there isnt a problem, no need to fix it unless you plan on racing it... and personally, if its a new bike, I would recommend waiting until it had a chance to break in before upgrading things.

joeinfro

fast rider
The kit has a new arm with a ceramic bearing which allows for smoother rotation of the shift star, and a new spring to pull the arm into place.

It is not absolutely impossible to miss a shift, what I did notice though is that after a few hours with the kit installed I wasnt having to focus on making the "perfect shift", everytime, to avoid pegging limiter and was able to concentrate on other things.

I am sure that with manufacturing tolerances every bikes gearbox has its own personality, and this one benefited so substantially from the kit that the difference in feel from now to before could be compared as butterfly kisses to full-contact flag-football.

If there isnt a problem, no need to fix it unless you plan on racing it... and personally, if its a new bike, I would recommend waiting until it had a chance to break in before upgrading things.

can confirm that i missed a shift on my first ride after installation. i'm going to chalk that up to oil warming up or not enough soak on the clutch plates after installation. havent experienced a false neutral 2nd and upwards yet

BISavage

top rider
I didnt use the magic blue one, I used a different one which expires sooner...so it didnt go to waste...and not really, at relatively low torque it started to push the washer inside and develope a crack.
And unfortunately it is slightly wet underneath where the crack is after a 2 hour ride.

Hoping it will keep the oil in well enough to prevent dripping until the new cover from HQV arrives.

I didnt change the rear brake pads yet, but I did need to clean the oil off the tire before I took it out for a spin.

20210411_175412.jpg

BISavage

top rider
Thinking about it... it probably would already be here when I wouldnt have ordered a bunch of screws and gaskets and oil squirters and washers and springs, and brackets and, and, and,...

Vintage Veloce

top rider
Hmm... if no torque spec is available, generally I look for the spec of a similar part with the same thread size and materials.
But it looks to have some thread adhesive on it, maybe just tighten it by hand to a calibrated elbow?

BISavage

top rider
I just did everyting as per advice (calibrated elbow), and the just for fun checked my calibration afterwords 🙈

One thing that was fiddly, needed to create a custom bearing puller for the clutch shaft bearing in the cover.

20210415_211508.jpg

This one didnt come with a Sticker...unfortunately...

Top Bottom