LA Night Rider

joeinfro

fast rider
PXL_20210203_044441369.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20210203_044521332.NIGHT.jpg

Picked up a new to me 2019 Svart 401 at a sweet price a few weeks back. Swapped out the master cylinder, tensioned the chain, gave it a full oil change with new filters (the old oil was a thick sludge with bits of metal), slapped in some bar end mirrors to replace the old cracked ones, and she looks absolutely peachy.

from what i can tell, the previous owner did a cat delete, akra slip on, LED mini turn signals, magura hydraulic clutch system, magura hc1 brake MC, steel brake lines, fender delete, and a tail tidy. all mods i think i would've gotten around to doing myself anyways! next step is to slap on a dart flyscreen for longer trips, and swap out what i suspect are some seriously worn clutch plates. ive only been riding around the last few weeks and i've already gotten comments about it, its just THAT weird of a bike!

anyways, nice to meet you all, hope this forum sticks around

Yes it is, I did mine myself too. But some people prefer peace of mind.
Do you know if there is som software adjustment regarding rpm/shift light done at the service? I have not looked deep into adjustment on my bike yet.

Plan on doing services myself to, but is there any software uppdates done by the dealer that i dont want to miss?

Vh Svepil

Do you know if there is som software adjustment regarding rpm/shift light done at the service? I have not looked deep into adjustment on my bike yet.

Plan on doing services myself to, but is there any software uppdates done by the dealer that i dont want to miss?

Vh Svepil
Not sure about software updates but as far as setting rpm shift light and resetting service interval it's laid out in the owners manual on how to do. Looking into it, I will probably do my own service since it is just an oil flush plus regular checks you should be doing periodically.
I suggest reading the owners manual thoroughly, it's a pain but it helps.

I'm not aware of any software update. I did my 600 mile service myself, and set the shift light to a higher rpm. It runs super strong. The only slightly annoying disadvantage I found is that you can only reset the service interval indicator to 621 miles, not 6000 as the dealer can.

I'm not aware of any software update. I did my 600 mile service myself, and set the shift light to a higher rpm. It runs super strong. The only slightly annoying disadvantage I found is that you can only reset the service interval indicator to 621 miles, not 6000 as the dealer can.
ok. Think i skip the dealer then. Will figure out the"big" service reset in the future.

As far as the 1st service goes, I have always heard that the first and only the first needs to be done at the dealer. (Warrantee - for any brand of bike - to rule out manufacturing defects should the bike fly-off something)

Depending on your area, an annual trip to the dealer will extend your HQV warranty by 1 year up to a max of 8 years. (Including free rental bike)

As far as the service reset goes, doesnt it show in the manual how to reset it completely? I know it works on the 401...

...keeping in mind that even the dealer couldnt reset the right interval at the 600 and it only worked right after the second interval reset by the dealer.

Over here in the US, warranty isn’t that good. Try finding a qualified dealer/mechanic first...

Service counter reset by owner can only reset it for the next 621 miles, the owner manual even tells you so.

Back
Top Bottom