Husqvarna Norden 901 Brochure Pictures and Info

Maybe a weird question but is it known what the length is of the entire bike?
Gonna buy a turntable like underneath, so I can turn it around in my garage. But need to know how long it is. Can't seem to find it anywhere.
moto-mat-1.jpg

Is the exact length necessary?
You can probably print a copy and measure the wheel diameter and use that and a little math to calculate the length.
It's also likely similar to the KTM it's based on...

Is the exact length necessary?
You can probably print a copy and measure the wheel diameter and use that and a little math to calculate the length.
It's also likely similar to the KTM it's based on...
Yeah... need to know if I can rotate it in my garage

I quick made an overlay... but these are computer renderings from Husky and KTM. The wheels like up perfectly, but the engine and swingarm locations appear slightly different. I don't trust the renderings...
KTM Husky Overlay.jpg

There is a comparison chart with the KTM here:
And apparently the husky and KTM have different wheelbases... so I guess you can't count on using the KTM dimensions.
Well, you could use the longer KTM 890 ADV R maybe?

That said, you could use the Norden wheelbase spec, and then add half of each tire diameter. And then add an inch for the rear license plate hanger hanging off the back.

That said, you could use the Norden wheelbase spec, and then add half of each tire diameter. And then add an inch for the rear license plate hanger hanging off the back.
Aah top ... i'll do that. Thx all 😘

Gonna buy a turntable like underneath, so I can turn it around in my garage.

I thought the standard procedure was to tilt the bike up on the side stand until the wheels are off the ground and then pivot it around on the stand?

I thought the standard procedure was to tilt the bike up on the side stand until the wheels are off the ground and then pivot it around on the stand?
Hah!
Actually... KTMs had a history of cracking the engine case where the sidestand mounted. And they blamed it on people sitting on the bike with the sidestand down, and similar side stand "abuse"! A close friend had a big warranty battly about it that they eventually covered. And now companies make side stand relocation kits for the 950 and 990.
But I don't think the sidestand is mounted on the engine on the 890 / 901?

Very interesting indeed, I always rolled all my bikes around, and the first time some KTM mechanic ghy showed me the "right way to do it" on my 401 I thought it was crazy... I figured he must know what hes talkin bout...

So, no sidestand turning then I take it 🤦‍♂️

I kinda have slippery tiles in my garage, so don't know if that's a risk or not.
Could give it a try on my driveway I guess ... but that one has slippery cobbles when it rained :p

Edit: just saw a video of it. "Be sure sidestand is not made of aluminium. If it's made of a decent alloy IT'S MORE OR LESS sure it won't break "
Doesn't strike me with confidence :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
... I take it you already ordered the bike with the optional center stand then?
Yes I did. Had dealer on the phone thursday ... bike should be on transport over here. Worst case, it's next thursday.
Need to find some patience somewhere :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom