Help needed with traction controll

sebamax2

new rider
Hi Guys

New to me 2019 701 Svartiplen

I have had the bike for a few months now and already given up turning off the traction controll

When I press and the "blank" button after the abs light goes off nothing happens

I tried pressing it together with i think the mode button, when I do that it comes up with "Release the button" I dont know which so I tried one or the other still with no luck

Any ideas?

not sure if thats the case

got the bike as stolen recovered and can tell it deffenitely been wheelied before :D

I have a 2019 Svart and HAVE been able to turn off TC. It is temp and comes right back on ignition cycle though.

I don't recall the button sequence, but I remember the it would work 75% of the time, but you had to hold the button (don't remember which one) for a very long time. You get the impression that it's not going to "catch" but it does most of the time. Also, sometimes it seems like the button is pushed, but you have not actually pushed it - center finger over rubber button section and feel for the smaller button head inside; get right on top of it. I would recommend NOT doing it with gloves.

I have since replaced the dash with a BW dash, and the process is totally different, so can't verify the OG process, but that too allows TC to turn off. Good luck.

You can turn off traction control on the Svart701.
Fully turning of ABS is what you cannot do (only the Vit701).

You can turn off traction control on the Svart701.
Fully turning of ABS is what you cannot do (only the Vit701).
Ah, so I was close 😅
BTW on the Vit the procedure to turn off the tc is: press and hold the unmarked button until the screen shows: release button. Then let go of the button and your tc light should turn on, and the tc should be off.

I sometimes have to try a couple of times before the selection 'sticks'. By that I mean that sometimes I get the 'Release button' message, but the TC light doesn't turn on indicating TC is off. Usually I just ride 10-20 meters more and then stop and try again and then it usually sticks. But I don't use the function very often so haven't really figured out a pattern in when it works vs when it doesn't :)

I do it most of the time during riding, because the the mentioned needed initial rotations for the ABS sensors. All you have to do is pulling the clutch lever and press the bottom dash button while coasting.

Back
Top Bottom