Handlebars (no not the type of mustache)

BISavage

champion rider
So I was looking at those fancy little lines on the Stock handlebars and thinking, is the position they came in from the factory really the best position and maybe those lines are only for looks, or are those lines meant to be used for actual adjustment.

I have also looked around at aftermarket handlebars and havent really seen anything which is an obvious improvement to the stock Svartpilen bars, at least as far as obvious goes.

Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the stock bars or exchanging them out to achieve some sort of improvements?

20210519_213545.jpg

Rotate them any way you want, just make sure they don't hit the tank, or tug on one of the cables, brake hose etc when you turn your bars from from left to right...

Last edited:
My 2021 bike does not have the lines of the part number, and the logo is done in dark smoke rather than white so it's all very muted in comparison.

There are two adjustments of the bars. The first is to rotate them, The second is to reverse the risers.

The centre line of the bars does not sit directly over the mounting bolt of the risers, it's 5mm offset. This means that you can reverse the risers and the bars will be moved back 10mm, about a half inch. If you want the bars closer than factory position, this is how to do it. Then you can rotate them if needed.

You'd need to check that by measuring. Mine doesn't seem to have an obvious notch - I'll check later as I'm about to go out.

I'm going on the info in the manual - Part 11 is Tuning the Chassis and 11.6 is handlebar position

So I adjusted everything, bar position L/R and rotation F/B.
The tightened the bolts to 14.75 Ft/lbs (20 nm) with loctite in an X (crisscross) Pattern.
With the Clutch lever it was easy to find the position just sitting on the bike, it needed to go a bit to the side and also rotated.
The brake took some fine tuning because the hand position is dynamic (throttle rotates...), so I put a wrench in my pocket and rode around adjusting it after each section until it was in just right.
Cleaned up cables and adjusted the brake line position so there was no tension.

Result: 🤯🤯🤯

20210523_103630.jpg

What is the diameter of the bars in the clamping area on your bike? I found that on my 2020 they are 1" (26? mm).
Most dirt bike bars are 1-1/8" (29? mm)...
I'm considering upgrading but I guess I'd need new bar risers/clamps.

I was "attempting" to measure the stock 2019 Svart' bars... not so easy when their on the bike. :unsure:

And by the way, what is the motivation for upgrading?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom