Clutch and Brake lever set recommendations for 2018 Vitpilen 701

snoj

new rider
Joined
Oct 22, 2022
Messages
4
Location
US
Hi all,

My OEM brake lever is broken, and I tried purchasing a replacement, but it seems all the stores in the US only sell KTM's brake lever as a substitute (part number: 6101300200030). I assume it's for the 690. I figured it was the same thing because the part was listed as a fit for a 2018 Vitpilen 701, but it turns out that it doesn't look anything like the OEM brake lever, which isn't an issue, but it's also not the same length as my OEM clutch lever. Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can purchase the OEM brake lever, or if this isn't possible, some aftermarket clutch and brake lever sets that will fit my bike? I'm not looking for anything super fancy or expensive. Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
The one you need should be this part number:

6251300214430

When its not available maybe someone here can help with personal experiance.

Should be a generic fit with some generic brembo ones.
 
The one you need should be this part number:

6251300214430

When its not available maybe someone here can help with personal experiance.

Should be a generic fit with some generic brembo ones.
Thank you! I've never swapped out levers before. Is there a way to find out if a 3rd party set will fit on my bike, or do I need to rely on the manufacturer to provide a list of which bikes are compatible?
 
Hi all,

My OEM brake lever is broken, and I tried purchasing a replacement, but it seems all the stores in the US only sell KTM's brake lever as a substitute (part number: 6101300200030). I assume it's for the 690. I figured it was the same thing because the part was listed as a fit for a 2018 Vitpilen 701, but it turns out that it doesn't look anything like the OEM brake lever, which isn't an issue, but it's also not the same length as my OEM clutch lever. Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can purchase the OEM brake lever, or if this isn't possible, some aftermarket clutch and brake lever sets that will fit my bike? I'm not looking for anything super fancy or expensive. Thanks in advance.

Try this link for the OEM lever.
 
Back
Top Bottom