Anyone running an ECU tuner?

travistravistravis

fast rider
Just ordered the Coober kit from AOMC. Can't wait to try it out. I've seen a few dynos of 390 Dukes gaining 3-4HP in the middle and 2HP at the peak with various methods. That seems to be the natural peak for this engine. I hope I see at least that with the cat delete, open airbox, and the tuner.

Congrats., Coober makes an excelent product.

Should transform the bike completely; peak power is relative at that point.

Let us know what you think!

So have you installed? love to hear your experience. Dont Do what I did And let the coober collect dust for a year.

just installed a powertronic ECU a few days ago on my svart 401

current system is akra slip on, decat, coober airbox lid, k/n filter. map 1 really smooths out the powerband more, and map 2 is for gluttons for shifting, it runs through gears so fast! honestly the hardest part was taking off all the damn connectors and routing the wires under the fairings. installing and running the software was a piece of cake. low end jerkiness is smoothed out considerably (though its still there! just less), and acceleration is smooth across the powerband. i chose the powertronic over the coober since i dont like only having 1 map and it opens up the door for further tweaking. i dont regret my choice in the slightest

I don't see how it can do that. It doesn't connect to the ECU, it doesn't connect to the O2 sensor. It has no idea what happens after ignition. It's a glorified injector booster.
I'll wait for the pipe. The bike only has 600mi on it. It would serve me well to get a better feel for the stock power delivery, so I can gauge the improvement better.

So, if you know what the ecu is doing to with signals from the Crank Position, Ignition, Throttle and Injection, then you dont need to read the O2 to know what the ecu is reading from the o2.

You can save the wire to the dumbest and most inaccurate sensor and utilize the algorithms the ecu is equiped with.

Just assumptions on my behalf by the way.

Back
Top Bottom