Anyone put a USB socket on a 401?

Dr.Shifty

expert rider
I've got a USB socket to wire into the new Svart on either the Acc1 or Acc2 connectors. I'm having difficulty finding a place near the handlebars to mount the socket. It's about 1 inch by 1 1/2 inch by half inch. I'd like it to be accessible for plugging in the phone cord but not obtrusive and there is not much room between the tank and the speedo. I can't find anything on the forum about somebody already doing this, but might have missed something.

Has wired anyone wired in a USB socket? If so, can you tell me where you mounted it, perhaps with pics? Many thanks.

Had the original HQV one on to use with my go pro for a few minutes.

Found that if you put it on the cross brace for the handlebars and tilt that back end down to where it rests on the bars, it is pretty stable.

Removed it to use acc power for my koso guage...

Thanks for the pics. Mine is similar to yours but $15 from an electronics store - the Husky part was $60. o_O

Funnily enough, I'd looked at mounting it sideways on the top brace (didn't look good) but didn't even think of what you have here.

I just went and tried it and think I'll set it on the brace with the wires coming to the front and joining the bundle running from the left switch block.

I used the Husqvarna + a long lightning cable for my iphone that just stays on the bike and zip tied on the frame.

1618018358814.jpg

I took the lead from @BISavage and got this done this morning. Set it up on Acc2 so it turns on with ignition.

If I think it looks awkward on the bike when I'm riding I can tuck it away and leave out the lead as @Sisco has done.

1618024272457.jpg

1618024290114.jpg

Hi everyone, thanks for this post,
I take this opportunity to ask some more technical questions about service sockets
I just got a Svartpilen 401 from 09/21
my first motorbike, excuse my ignorance :)
and I'm trying to figure out how to equip my bike
Reading around I've come to this point, correct me if I'm wrong
I read from the manual that I can find two types of connections
ACC 1: socket always active
ACC2: socket active under key
on the front I find an ACC1 and an ACC2 socket
an ACC2 socket under the saddle
my question is how much are the flow rates of these inputs?
I read on other KTM forums about different models
that ACC1 has a 10A fuse (Good)
regarding ACC2 the information is confusing,
who dives 1Ah, who 2Ah, who 0.5Ah,
in any case not enough to recharge modern instruments.....
If so, can I use a normally closed relay on ACC1 powered by ACC2 to be able to use the 10Ah without the risk of draining the battery?
some of you know exactly
how much range do ACC1 and ACC2 have?
tnk for your time
Sincerely

Back
Top Bottom