2025 Svartpilen 401 completely dead after reconnecting battery

Viktor1457

new rider
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
2
Location
Sverige
Hi everyone,


I’m hoping someone has seen this before.


I have a 2025 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 that I bought new last year. The bike was running perfectly when I parked it for winter storage.


I removed the original battery in October and stored it indoors. It was charged once with a CTEK charger in January. Yesterday I reinstalled it.


Now the bike is completely dead.


Symptoms:


  • Battery is connected correctly (+ and -).
  • Battery voltage is 12.4 V.
  • All fuses, including the main fuse, have been checked and are OK.
  • Battery terminals are tight.
  • As soon as I connect the negative terminal, I hear a few clicks from relays/electronics near the front of the bike.
  • However, when I turn the ignition key to ON, absolutely nothing happens. The TFT display stays completely black. No lights, no fuel pump prime, no warning lights, nothing.

Is there any reset procedure or startup procedure required after reconnecting the battery on the 2024/2025 models, or does this sound like a known issue?


Has anyone experienced the same problem?

The bike is still under warranty, so I’m trying to understand whether this is something simple I’ve missed before taking it back to the dealer.


Thanks in advance!
 
It still might be the battery. 12.4V if it was just charged is low. It should start it but that is provided that 12.4V is maintained when the key is turned on.

Hook up the battery charger to the battery in the bike and see if you get the same result.
 
Quick update:


I fully charged the battery with a CTEK charger overnight and reinstalled it today.


Unfortunately, nothing changed.


The battery measures about 12.7 V after charging.

I have also:
  • Checked all fuses, including the main fuse.
  • Verified the battery polarity and terminal connections.
  • Measured 12.7 V at the starter relay main battery terminal.

The bike is still completely dead:
  • No TFT display.
  • No lights.
  • No fuel pump prime.
  • No response at all when turning the ignition key.

One strange thing is that as soon as I connect the battery, I hear a constant high-pitched electronic whine together with a repeated clicking/ticking sound, even with the ignition switch in the OFF position. The sounds stop immediately when I disconnect the battery.


The motorcycle is a 2025 Svartpilen 401, still under warranty.


Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas what could cause a completely dead bike together with the constant whine/ticking?
 
Try hooking up the charger with the battery installed making sure the + lead isn't touching anything else and see if you have lights.
 
Google says
When a 2024 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 has no power at all (no dash lights, no fuel pump prime, and completely dead)


right after changing the battery, it is almost always caused by a loose terminal connection, a blown main fuse, or a missed secondary ground/power lead.
 
Back
Top Bottom