Recent content by CurveRider

  1. CurveRider

    `27 801 SE

    Ahhhh...yes, the bike! 👍 After almost 4 dozen fine 2 wheelers in 69 riding years, the 801 promises to be a keeper alongside my KTM 390 SuMo. The 801's torque, sharp handling, relative uniqueness and comfort (to my surprise), add up to exceptional joy in my world. 😎 Cheers!
  2. CurveRider

    801 Slip-on / exhaust list

    Very interesting--good info. I understand not necessarily trusting AI as it is only as good as the data it finds/extrapolates. Judging by the excellent Rottweiler video, it seems reasonably safe to assume the 801 ECU *also* adapts (to some degree) air/fuel ratios in open loop. :)
  3. CurveRider

    801 Slip-on / exhaust list

    For anyone interested, this is what my search using Google's Gemini AI revealed:
  4. CurveRider

    `27 801 SE

    👍Yes, I understand. It was the first ride on the bike and the dealer had "greased" the chain heavily. The puddle was actually a thick, lumpy pile. Otherwise, I would be concerned. Subsequent rides show no drips. :)
  5. CurveRider

    `27 801 SE

    Thanks for the welcome and advice. 😁 You probably know that life is rarely as simple as it appears in a single photo. You astutely observed that my lean angle is shallow but my modus operandi does not show in the photo. I adjust my feet positions proportionally with the lean angle--upward as the...
  6. CurveRider

    801 Slip-on / exhaust list

    Question for the Husky veterans here: With a decat, straight-through exhaust, I think the Coober LM fuel module only works during closed-loop operation (low/mid RPM lambda signal corrections) and does nothing for high RPM fueling ratios. If true, does a decat exhaust make high RPM's too lean...
  7. CurveRider

    `27 801 SE

    Hi all. I'm a newbie here and bought a 801 a few days ago (sight unseen) after watching several video reviews which sold me on the bike. The OEM tires were swapped for Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 tires and I headed for the nearby Tail-of-the-Dragon for tire-scuffing and to explore the 801. After some...
  8. CurveRider

    Issues fixed under warranty

    Thanks for the generous replies folks. I'm almost 83 and, after a lifetime of motorcycles, the 801SE appealed to all of my riding senses -- sport bike, semi-cruiser and most of all, a "Dragon" curve-ripper since I live and ride there. I paid $10.1K USD OTD at a NC shop and I'm stoked. Diablo...
  9. CurveRider

    Issues fixed under warranty

    After watching several video reviews that praised the bike, I bought a new Svartpilen 801 SE yesterday (greatly discounted) and then I read this disturbing thread. Do *all* 801 Svartpilen owners have warranty problems? You guys just scared the crap out of me....
Back
Top Bottom