Do you know if someone sells modified air boxes like this one?I've seen similar mods, it must sound awesome!
Thanks!It looks amazing!
I had similar plans to get dual discs on my Vitpilen, but I fitted a full akrapovic system last year(including the big midpipe). I allready have a very good Galespeed MC ready to go, but I'm not certain if I will go dual discs or a Nitron R3 first....
I'm not to fond of the stock brake. Both my 950SM and 990SD brakes way harder, and they are both 20 years old now. And you still have ABS, so I don't see any reason not to go to dual discs. Plus it looks so, so much better and closer to the concept.
Fantastic job on the intake BTW, please let me know if you plan on making a kit. There are not that many with 3D printers around here.![]()
Sweet!Thanks!
It's nice to see someone else who's as into this bike as I am.
Yeah, with the dual discs, the brakes are stronger. And you can keep the ABS, which still works. I followed a post on this site that gave me all the info. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
I'm selling the complete kits with the painted 3D-printed parts, hardware, mounts, etc.—everything you need for the modification ;-)
Send me your email address and I'll send you a PDF explaining the modification and the price.
About the air filter — this is my latest modification.![]()
This project required designing several custom parts that I 3D printed, including the intake pipe, the side cover, and the oil tank support. It involved a lot of testing and many hours of work.
If anyone is interested, I will likely offer a complete digital kit for sale including the STL files ready for 3D printing, a step-by-step installation guide, and a detailed list of all the required hardware.
If you're interested, feel free to send me a message and I’ll provide more details.
Hello Luis,Did you get around to putting together the assembly kit for this mod?
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.