What mods are you planning?

NeverLost

fast rider
I'd consider changing the mirrors, shortening the rear fender / tail tidy, and looking for any heavy parts that might need removing...

Mega B

new rider
I used to own a KTM 950 Super Enduro and one of the most popular mods was to remove the SAS/EVAP canister system (can't remember exact name).

Does anyone know if the 890 has a similar system that "should" be removed?

Vintage Veloce

pro rider
I used to own a KTM 950 Super Enduro and one of the most popular mods was to remove the SAS/EVAP canister system (can't remember exact name).

Does anyone know if the 890 has a similar system that "should" be removed?
It almost certainly has a canister and valves...

Last edited:

Mega B

new rider
Thanks for your response!
It definitely has it and Powercell has a delete kit.

But there doesn't seem to be as much talk on various forums for the 790/890.
It was a "must do" for the 950/990s.

OP
NeverLost

NeverLost

fast rider
"Official Mods" here...
There is a heated seat!
PHO_HP_NMON_22107940044-ERGO-RIDERS-SEAT_%23SALL_%23AWSG_%23V1.jpg

Big Mike

contributing rider
My mods will be an Ian Chappell skid plate, rear rack for Mosko Outback panniers, hopefully a future Perun top rack for my 50L Givi top box (Perun does not know if the KTM890 rack will fit but they have a 901 on order also), tank bag (when available), Rottweiler Arrow mirrors, Barkbusters with Storm handguards, headlight protector, Quad Lock phone holder, high fender kit, heated grips, rear master cylinder brake line guard from Rottweiler and maybe a few other bits and bobs lol.

Last edited:

Big Mike

contributing rider
Rottweiler has a video about this: Here I was planning on buying the 890 Adventure R but then the Norden was announced so I jumped ship. My plan was to remove the canister and install my Denali air horn but it might be slightly different on the new Norden....I'll find out in a couple of months time.

Mega B

new rider
Rottweiler has a video about this: Here I was planning on buying the 890 Adventure R but then the Norden was announced so I jumped ship. My plan was to remove the canister and install my Denali air horn but it might be slightly different on the new Norden....I'll find out in a couple of months time.
Thanks for the link! No SAS on 790/890, that's good. Removing canister seems quick, easy and cheap!

Big Mike

contributing rider
what is this ECU about ? could you exoplain a bit ?
The ECU is the Electronic Control Unit and is the main brain for the bike. The Coober ECU I am guessing is a performance replacement over the stock ECU. The theory is it will change varies settings that are already programmed in it and thus give you better performance from the engine. It will void your warranty is the drawback. At least that's how they work for cars/trucks.

BISavage

pro rider
Coober normally doesnt void your warrantee, or atleast that was their claim for many years as they work closely with KTM...
but then again on a different vehicle I have heard from a dealership that my k&n filter was responsible for the shifter linkage failure...

Back to the topic:

My personal recommendation for first Mod to anyone is suspension tuning, then brakes, then power.

Top Bottom