Vitpilen inspired Harley?

I actually have the feeling the baby svart can lean more than my last bike, which was a ninja ZX6R of the year notorious for scuffing the plastics when the tires were warm.

So going from there to a Hardly Davids Sportbike which cuts out at a 45° angle ... would be one step closer to a gixer 6er in white (so you can see the grass stains better, obviously, after flying off )

You keep mentioning that 45 degree lean angle, but to be fair, 45 degees is not bad. The MT09 for instance has a max lean angle of 51 degrees... A bit more, but not that significant.

(and of course suspension setup vs rider weight makes a big difference, but that's on any bike)

Anyway, one my next "projects" is a rear shock with ride height adjustment. Hoping to quicken the steering a bit more, and add a few degrees lean angle...

45 deg is more than I need. TBH I haven't scraped the pegs/exhaust on my Sportster, and that is way less than 45 deg. Luckily I'm not a brand snob or brand hater, I ride what I like and like what I ride.
Haters gonna hate. 😛

I dont hate. I've ridden many Harleys and find it disappointing that their current offer for a sport bike is only a sport looki g bike, and not a sport performance bike.

Read up if you want, what I am talking about is clearly explained, especially the post from "Joshua Mack" has some cool details.

You keep mentioning that 45 degree lean angle, but to be fair, 45 degees is not bad. The MT09 for instance has a max lean angle of 51 degrees... A bit more, but not that significant.

(and of course suspension setup vs rider weight makes a big difference, but that's on any bike)

Anyway, one my next "projects" is a rear shock with ride height adjustment. Hoping to quicken the steering a bit more, and add a few degrees lean angle...

Yes 6° doesnt seem like much, it equates to about 20% more cornering capability.

Also, 51 degrees is a very typical value as it can be accepted as about the average capability of a street tire.

Have you decided which shock you are gonna go with?

Yep, I hope to be installing a "skunk works" shock from a forum member soon-ish and start road testing.

Although he is a professional suspension engineer, this bike is a bit of a side project so I'm patient.

To be continued

*deliberately leaving the name out for now, as there is no product yet.

Back
Top Bottom