Update for ECU / firmware?

Sofauxboho

contributing rider
I've heard there's a firmware / ECU update for older Vitpilen 701s. I just bought a 2018. Anyone know how to check if the bike needs an update, and what to ask the dealer for if it does?

I tried my local shop, and they were just confused. Seemed to think I was asking about and aftermarket remap.

OP
Sofauxboho

Sofauxboho

contributing rider
The service check tool gives me:

VITPILEN 701, ModelYear 2018​

There is a recall / safety warning / technical information for your VIN. Please contact an authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer
Which is accurate, as the tank recall and rear fender recall haven't been completed. Doesn't give me any indication on the firmware / ECU / ECM / bike electronics, though.

OP
Sofauxboho

Sofauxboho

contributing rider
Local dealer hooked my 2018 Vitplien 701 up to the Husky bike check system and no updates were found. So either the ECU hasn't been updated since this bike was built in 2018 or it was updated before it was sold to a 3rd party dealer in 2020.

BISavage

pro rider
When they "unlock" the transport safety on the new bikes, whatever the available software is at that time is put in the bike, its part of the new bike delivery checklist.

Since euro 4 emissions there is no option to select.

Top Bottom