TOP SPEED

Not that everyone has the opportunity to test the top speed, but for those of you who do:
What's your TOP SPEED!

I'm working on that... haven't had a level patch yet... ;-)
But I have noticed on the highway, the 70mph is fine, but 80mph is a bit too much wind to be comfortable for long stints.

I had to slow down for traffic at 213km/h on my Vit701. This was still on the original gearing. No idea how much faster it will go.
Never tried it again after that. Don't care really.

I believe I hit 134mph. It was brand new and geared stock. I cannot hit that speed anymore, especially with a - tooth up front.
Im curious if others have pegged that range...

I’m also curious what top speeds others have attained. (Still breaking mine in and Winter up here)
And how accurate are the speedos with stock gearing?
130-135mph sounds encouraging for the track I plan to circulate!

Those who have “topped-out”, was that with stock gearing.
What RPM can 6th pull?
With Both stock & reduced gearing... anybody?

Who woulda thunk a 701 thumper could do 130ish mph, stock?
Not me certainly.
Just goes to show you how much more advanced these are, than the Asian counter-parts.
(I've only tried 100mph indicated) on my 701 Enduro. The knobby tires didn't like it. Neither did I.
Besides, it "chunks" the knobbs...

On the same test loop with a 4km long straight, I gave the top speed a go with different pipes, and achieved repeatable results with each pipe:

Remus S Flow: 182km/h
Badass Pipe: 183km/h
Leo GP One: 184km/h
Coffman's: 186km/h
Super Cheap Project: 196km/h

Last edited:
On the same test loop with a 4km long straight, I gave the top speed a go with different pipes, and achieved repeatable results with each pipe:

Remus S Flow: 182km/h
Badass Pipe: 183km/h
Leo GP One: 184km/h
Coffman's: 186km/h
That looks like a fun test!

Yeah!
Strongly suggests that the Coffman's is either much more aerodynamic, or (when my calculations are correct) at that rpm makes just shy of 2 hp more...which nobody who ever tuned anything would believe as those shorty pipes are only for looks...

Per GPS, my 401 Svartpilen has seen 103 mph. I'm 6'2", 200 lbs, and wearing an XL touring jacket. I'm not the most aerodynamic component for top speed... LOL
I was happy to see it over 100, so backed off after that. Might've been able to squeeze a little more, but I didn't want to keep pushing my luck with the law or the 401.

So for those who plan on taking their 401 on the track, check it out;
Race Trim: Lowered Tire Pessure, Werkes decat, Stock Chamber, Coffman's Shorty, Coober Airbox Lid, Coober ECU with Decat Map, 102 Octane Fuel (everything else as on the street).

GPS Top Speed before running out of Straightaway: 192 km/h (119.3 mph)

I am sure it could have done more at El Mirage, especially with some minor drag reduction, like no brakes, duct taped seams, etc.

Update to the post above:

Ran the Super Cheap Project in Street Mode, with Cat and Stock Lid installed...unbelievable.

GPS Top Speed: 196km/h (121.8 mph)

And it didnt run out of straight... it plain got it there and held it there.

Last edited:
GPR High Level Wins.

With a strong headwind, and at a distance of just less than half the straight needed for all previous tests...

GPS Top Speed: 200 km/h

...then I let off.

Back
Top Bottom