Still no snow in SoCal

Wanderer

expert rider
If I lived in a country with snow, I'd have a snowmobile for that season, always wanted to try one out...
Summer and 25c to 28c for us at present, March it will turn and cool down to 15/20c...

Wanderer

expert rider
Haha yea, Love to, have a Honda Africa Twin, plus my new 701 Vitpilen, and just sold my Bmw S1000R, an Ninja 400,
I like your riding buddy's machine, great you got someone with similar power an all.

Wanderer

expert rider
Max, your running the Gilles bar risers, I am finding I get a numb right hand and sore wrists quit quickly with my new Husky,
Was not expecting that as my Kawasaki Ninja 400 also had low bars, but maybe these are a bit lower, so I been looking at the options online, how do you find those.? What made you add them..?
The F1E jobs are made buy a guy just up the road from me, but I don't much like welds on my bars, and the stainless finish, just personal taste I guess... Cheers J

OP
Max Kool

Max Kool

top rider
I got them at Bellissimoto, and really love them. I’m an old fart with rusty joints, and spend most of my time in the canyons where your actual speed is not that high. This is what I needed.

Wanderer

expert rider
Thanks Max, I relate to the old fart, and rusty joints, same here lol, have been looking/debating over the ABM hightechforfun.de triple clamp and high bars set, but thinking I will try the Gilles units first, enjoy the canyons :)

OP
Max Kool

Max Kool

top rider
Tnx sir!

yeah I wanted to keep the bars low-ish, else I would have bought a Svartpilen ;)

besides, I also have an FTR 1200, which has a similar bar position as the Svartpilen...

Wanderer

expert rider
Tnx sir!

yeah I wanted to keep the bars low-ish, else I would have bought a Svartpilen ;)

besides, I also have an FTR 1200, which has a similar bar position as the Svartpilen...
My thoughts exactly, think I'm still trying to keep hold of my younger full on sportsbike days ;)

Another thing I have found Indispensable is the ATLAS Throttle lock off my Africa twin, top mount black job, lets me give my hand/wrist a rest off the bar, and the next best thing to a full electronic cruse control... Now I need a second unit...

OP
Max Kool

Max Kool

top rider
tbh, the throttle on my Vit goes so smooth, I never long for a cruise control, and I hardly ever use it on the FTR either.

(but then again, I avoid freeways as much as possible, and my Vit is really a toy)

Top Bottom