Steering Damper Stabilizer 401 S or V

BISavage

pro rider
Hyperpro makes one, and the mounting kit to go along with it.
Mounts on the left fork leg and the frame on the left side.

Here is the mounting kit:

The link to the damper is also on that page.

As far as price goes, let put it like this: They are very proud of it.

BISavage

pro rider
Better question is, do you really NEED a steering damper?

After my last tank slapper I was able to adjust it out so that is was less "slap happy"

dakaroo

contributing rider
I'm new to road and look at the damper as another piece of safety equipment, like body protection inserts are not required and I have them and really hope they work if the occasion occurs.

BISavage

pro rider
Damper can cause a parking lot drop alot of time, so I am not sure if that would be my first "go to" for protection.

Look at some other 'pilen bikes; they got crash bars, frame sliders, axle sliders... those will all do their part so save the paint in a drop.

When you look around and "nobody" has a steering damper, then its probably because nobody finds it really that necessary for that particular application.

Then look at liter bikes and "everybody" has a damper... get my point?

Either way, cant deny that they do look good 😁

Dr.Shifty

fast rider
If nothing else, that mounting shown in the pic gives a nice bit of steam punk to the bike. :)

And at the cost of 9% of the original bike price. o_O

Vintage Veloce

top rider
Hyperpro makes one, and the mounting kit to go along with it.
Mounts on the left fork leg and the frame on the left side.

Here is the mounting kit:

The link to the damper is also on that page.

As far as price goes, let put it like this: They are very proud of it.
I have a linear damper like that on my Ducati Monster after getting spooked by some head shake.
The side mount linear dampers work fine... but are often easily bent in a tip over, and that can leave you unable to steer anymore. Just need to be aware of that "feature".

mrlm

contributing rider
Do we really need one on this bike? I do worry sometimes on the motorway but I have never experienced a tank slapper.

This is the most powerful bike I have owned or ridden regularly. Passed the full test a out 18 years ago then didn't ride for most of that so not a wide range of experience of bikes just a few big ones when learning.

SlimJim

contributing rider
I have my rear suspension on the full soft with minimum preload. (I am 125 lbs.) The front suspension is set medium com/reb.
The bike felt really nice on my way home via mostly freeway, 75-95 mph. Bike went over the bridge expansion joints and bumps on the freeway at those speeds without losing stability at all.
They say if it happens lean back and accelerate. Don't put too much weight on the handlebars.

BISavage

pro rider
Top Bottom