Rattly noise after cat delete.

travistravistravis

fast rider
It sounds like a metallic rattle. It only resonates at certain RPMs. Comes from that exhaust tumor behind the shock. Combined with the gargling from the opened intake, the bikes sounds like shit, to be frank. Anyone had the same results after cat delete?

BISavage

pro rider
How long have you ridden like that, and did you reset the ecu with the 15 min idle?

Also, I have had small exhaust leaks make the bike sound f...ed, can happen at either end of the cat delete pipe.

BISavage

pro rider
For fun, I just tested the Stock pipe with delete and lid, it took me 3 trys to get the delete pipe to seal, at the front gasket.

(I rip a strip of paper towel, about a half inch wide and 3 inches long, start the engine and move the strip around near the clamp while the bike idles. If there is a leak the paper towel vibrates when its held near the part thats not sealed.)

I can confirm that there is a big difference in sound if the pipe leaks, not sure if I would call it a "resonance rattle", but it does sound more like garbage.

Personally I feel like with the stock pipe the intake noise overtones pipe noise and...

...while the stock pipe does produce the most power, I personall prefer the sound and feel of the bike with an open Remus when the werkes delete and lid are installed, then the pipe and intake are equally as loud and it still moves pretty well.

(Werkes delete, HP Corse delete and Coober delete are pretty much identical by the way)

OP
T

travistravistravis

fast rider
Here's the noise.
vimple.co/4d4812fb942048b3829a4df84a0a09f2

P.S. It's not from the pegs.

P.P.S. I've checked for leaks. No leaks.

OP
T

travistravistravis

fast rider
It's definitely coming from the exhaust, under the shock. If I put my boot on it, it dampens the sound. I might delete that thing, too. But really didn't want to. I think the bike is going to be too loud. I might put the cat back on and see, if the noise goes away first.

Top Bottom