More Rubbers (please)

Damon

contributing rider
I kept with stock pressures but changed to Conti Sport Attack 4 s and I feel they give a huge improvement in feedback over the original S21s

nampus

top rider
Anyone here tried the dunlop qualifier core? They only been introduced this year, so chances are slim.
I've never had dunlops before, and I need to replace my set before going on holiday end of August.
Rear is done, and I'm not really happy with the Michelin power 5.
They are fine, I just don't like the feel or something. I think I'm just not a Michelin fan.
The tracer I bought came with Michelin Road 4's which everyone seems to love, but I couldn't get on with them either.
I might just try the dunlops cause they are so cheap. If I don't like em I'll go back to S22's.

Ben Dover

expert rider
UK Dunlop’s have historically been different than US Dunlops.
I know many who only run Dunlops.
I have not tried them in over 30 years.

OP
BISavage

BISavage

champion rider
The 5 & 30 gram weights were decals on the marked heavy spots by Husqvarna on the Ft & Rr cast wheels I previously acquired.
Somebody was reading up on my previous posts…
I just looked at my stickers I removed (and saved) when I got my bike.

Mine had 15g and 5g stickers on the wheels.

Vatte

expert rider
I got my Vitpilen without these stickers from the dealer. Are there any drawbacks except nice to know?

OP
BISavage

BISavage

champion rider
Your dealer was nice enough to save you time for removal 🙈

After the first few jumps, or pot holes, or larger road debris the stickers will probably no longer be accurate anyways.

Ben Dover

expert rider
……

After the first few jumps, or pot holes, or larger road debris the stickers will probably no longer be accurate anyways.

Not so unless those jumps, pothole etc. are actually removing metal from your wheels.

No biggie. You can always balance (& mark) your wheels without tires to get the same information… heavy spot of the wheel & corresponding weight.

Remember…It’s better to ride motorcycles instead of a keyboard.

OP
BISavage

BISavage

champion rider
If you're that worried about the air, why not put a nitrogen filter on your compressor? Nitrogen is denser than air.

Screenshot_20220713-065045_Samsung Internet.jpg

Max Kool

pro rider
Offtopic, I actually used to work as a process engineer, producing nitrogen filters.... (they do exists). I could have taken a small one home and have had one for life. Little did I know then they'd become so indispensable decades later.

OP
BISavage

BISavage

champion rider
Second set of S21s bout halfway through.

Got some of the Pirelli GTii to go on next.

20220722_130721.jpg

Edit: I was looking at other models too, and these ones seemd to have the best deal currently, cons8dering the S21s now are like 10-20 bucks more... again...

Last edited:
OP
BISavage

BISavage

champion rider
Short term test: 20 miles

1. Before the next ride I need to air down a bit.

Screenshot_20220801-192801_Gallery.jpg

Edit:
2nd Impression after a regular length ride:
- Suspension and tire pressure completely adjusted.
- I felt like the Gran Turismo rubber was "always" at the right temperature for my typical usage scenario... slow cruising through the strip mall, in traditional cosplay cafe racer mode.

Last edited:

Vatte

expert rider
I got the S21s exchanged with the new S22s by a lokal tire shop.
On the first try they gave me the rear wheel with 80 g of balance weight (front wheel 20 g)! I gave them a second try and ended with 40 g.

I used the opportunitiy to change the fork oil to 500 ml SAE15 each leg. On a first short ride I didn't bottom out. So far so good, I will post again, if I got more experience.

DSC_2416 - Kopie.JPGDSC_2417 - Kopie.JPG

Last edited:
OP
BISavage

BISavage

champion rider
5k, not yet at the limit; the last ~1mm goes so fast I prefer to avoid unnecessary discussions during midride inspections.

Edit: So, probably could have put another 300-500 to push it to the legal limit.

Top Bottom