Light theme? Does the site need that as an option?

HQVa Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do we need a light theme? Like dark text on a light colored background?
If you dislike the current dark theme or just want a choice, let us know in this thread please.

I like it this way. I don't think I would be using a light version if it was avaliable, but maybe thats just me.

It’s perfect the way it is. I’m using dark theme everywhere I can.

To be clear, we wouldn't remove the dark theme, we would just provide a choice of either light or dark.
But it's work to maintain both, so unless people want the light theme, we won't bother.

It irks me that the scroll bar that normally appears at the right edge of any web page is effectively invisible. The up/down arrows are useful, and I discovered clicking in different positions where the scroll bar should be gets you to that scroll point. But a scroll bar is a standard and expected feature for web pages. Not fond of having to learn new ways to do things unnecessarily. So if light theme would make the scroll bar visible, then yes, please make that available.

It irks me that the scroll bar that normally appears at the right edge of any web page is effectively invisible. The up/down arrows are useful, and I discovered clicking in different positions where the scroll bar should be gets you to that scroll point. But a scroll bar is a standard and expected feature for web pages. Not fond of having to learn new ways to do things unnecessarily. So if light theme would make the scroll bar visible, then yes, please make that available.
There is a light theme available (it has been for a long time). At the bottom of the page, near the left edge, click on the little paint brush icon where it says "Custom Dark: Shades of Grey". The style chooser should come up and you can select "Custom Light: XF Blue".

Screenshot 2023-08-18 105748.jpg
When you comment on the scroll bar, some of that may depend on your device, operating system, and chosen system themes.
But I will look into making the scroll bar a bit more visible in the dark mode, maybe that is possible.

Thanks. The scroll bar is plainly visible in the light mode. I'm actually fine with dark mode, it's just the invisible scroll bar that's the issue for me.

Thanks. The scroll bar is plainly visible in the light mode. I'm actually fine with dark mode, it's just the invisible scroll bar that's the issue for me.
Glad that works for you!
Note that some browsers, like FireFox for the PC, appear to show very narrow scroll bars regardless of what we do with the site setup.

OK, I think I successfully made the scroll bar a bit easier to see in dark mode. Please refresh your browser to see it!

I meant to say, I'm on Chrome/Windows 10/desktop
Let me know how it looks in dark mode now? The scroll bar button should be significantly lighter than it was before and more visible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom