I think I'm too tall for this bike

I will never understand why some people posts a question and just argue with every answer they get from ppl trying to help. Why did you ask if you already know the answer? smh
I asked one question, will I look this goofy on a 701 and that has not been the question that has been argued. I didn't ask "how can I look smaller on my 401?" Or "what do you think of my riding gear?" I don't get why I post on a forum when people lack reading comprehension. Smh

Do you have a buddy with a bigger bike, or a dealer with a test drive model close to you?

Borrow one, could be a goldwing for that matter, and then you will see that the camera angle from the original post makes the bike look like a clown-'wing, or not.

Or you can look up the Jay Leno on you tube, he is not that small and is shown riding both bikes back to back.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think 5'7~5'9 is the optimal height (proportion-wise) for the bike. My 6ft friend makes my 401 look like a grom lol. The 701, although it is slightly bigger, isn't that much bigger, especially the seat height.

That said, "stop caring about what others think about you" is the best advice I can give you. Not just with motorcycles but with everything in life!

I am 6’2” and the 701 looks like a slightly smaller bike when I’m riding it, but I don’t care because the bike looks so damn good. I don’t think it looks out of proportion and has plenty of leg room.. haven’t rode a 401 tho, they are cool bikes but would need to weigh significantly less than the 701 to make me get both... I’m not sure you will find a larger cafe bike than the 701, even my thruxton feels more cramped and low to the ground. Just have to ride one and see.

I didn't realize liking and owning a cafe style bike was a lifestyle choice that required me to have more commitment to owning it, including cosplaying like the dentist Harley riders do...

Now I am still looking for some closure on the cosplay topic...
What about the Harley Riders who cosplay like dentists?

Now I am a bit uncertain, I mean how young or old do you have be to where cafe racing is both you day job and your favorite past time?

Im 6'8 270lbs and though i know im probably not the height and weight of the rider the Vit701 was designed for, I love it and it makes me feel great when i ride it!

Attachments

• DRAGON1.jpg
    DRAGON1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DRAGON2.jpg
    DRAGON2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19
A couple random points from my perspective...
- the 701 does appear visually as a larger bike. The local Husqvarna dealership (really a Ducati/KTM shop) only had a 701 on the floor when I placed my deposit for the 401 I ended up buying. I saw it and sat on it a couple times over a few days just to get an idea of what the 401 might feel like. Now that I have the 401, there's no doubt the 701 felt larger and had a larger presence.
- the 401 is a little strange in that the seat height suggests a larger bike than it actually is. If you look at a picture of a Duke 390 and the 401, the 401 looks larger - there's more "mass" in the seat area. But we all know they're the exact same platform/frame and the 401 is kind of a smaller bike. I'm 6' tall/160lbs with a 32" inseam and must admit there are times when I wonder if the bike looks a little small.
- all this said, the 401/701 are two of the coolest bikes out there!

Back
Top Bottom