Horn replacement - Denali SoundBomb Mini - any spare slots in fuse box?

mrlm

fast rider
Has anyone replaced the horn with something a little less feeble sounding?

I purchased a Denali SoundBomb Mini as I believed it would be a straight swap for the original but it neither fits on the original bracket or works with the wiring harness. The bracket can easily be swapped or I can drill the hole for the slightly wider thread but it just makes a small click sound when pressed so I'm assuming its trying to draw too much current. Looks like I will need to make a separate wire fuse relay connection. Does anyone have the wiring schematics handy or know if there is a spare spot in the fuse / relay box to use as I would prefer it to be neat and not wired directly to the battery.

I originally tried to go with a full SoundBomb (Split) but just couldn't figure out an elegant way to mount it. I went with a HELLA 012588011 Motorcycle Series Black 12V Disc Horn Kit (Universal Fit-Set/Box) using the included bracket which I mounted in an L-configuration. I fabbed my own simple wiring harness running from the stock wiring, without using a fused relay directly from the battery. They definitely sound better than stock, are not aesthetically obtrusive. They're not as loud as the SoundBomb though (at least not the regular one.) Thus far the horn circuit hasn't caught on fire. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5047 2.jpg
    IMG_5047 2.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 17
There is (qty.2) 12v aux port female plugs above the motor on the right hand side. One is key powered than the other is constant power. I dont know what size fuse is attached to the aux ports.

I believe the aux use a 10amp fuse in total. This may not be enough for the horn and I use those ports for USB charging and camera.

I may just buy the repair manual for the schematic to do it properly if no one has that page they can show me

Back
Top Bottom