Best plug and play turnsignals

stroem

fast rider
I have the ugly American turn signals and would like something similar to the Rest of World LEDs. I am finding a lot of expensive options and a lot of ebay specials. What has the best value / build quality? Looking for something plug and play.

BISavage

pro rider
Euro turn signals an option?

Screenshot_20210628-205812_Samsung Internet.jpg

When I wired my plate relocation thing, it felt like there are resistors inline in the signal wiring.

OP
stroem

stroem

fast rider
When I inquired about using the euro version before I believe I was told the connectors were different. Also I could not find an easy way to buy them in the USA.

BISavage

pro rider
I had competition werkes blinkers on my last bike, they came with the fender eliminator and were pretty decent.

Which style are you going for?

amitjm1980

contributing rider
I ordered the OEM Euro signals for front and rear today. I'm hoping the connectors are the same but if not, I will splice it. I'm also seeing mixed info about whether they have resistors built in or not, or whether they are even needed as a lot of folks who install aftermarket LED signals say the flash rate doesn't increase drastically and even if it did, I don't think I would mind as it may be better for safety reasons. They were not cheap ($250 shipped for all four), but I'm a big fan of using OEM parts whenever possible, and the price isn't too far off from good quality aftermarket signals. I'll report back once I receive and get them installed.

BISavage

pro rider
On my stock euro bike ones, I noticed there is something inline in the wiring on the signal when I had them off to put on the plate holder.

I didnt cut the wiring open to look, but then again what else would be soldered inline?

amitjm1980

contributing rider
On my stock euro bike ones, I noticed there is something inline in the wiring on the signal when I had them off to put on the plate holder.

I didnt cut the wiring open to look, but then again what else would be soldered inline?
Interesting.......it's likely the resistor then. Now hopefully the plugs are the same and i'll be all set.

amitjm1980

contributing rider
I purchased and recently installed the Euro signals. I got them from https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu, for $250 shipped to New Jersey. Sounds like a lot, but they are OEM and higher end turn signals are not that far off in price. The plugs were different and you can find adapter harnesses but I just spliced on the connectors from the stock signals. They definitely flash faster, but not so fast that you couldn't just leave them but I opted to order a new relay. I tried to order the OEM Euro relay, but apparently it's on backorder so I'm trying this relay as others have used it with success:

Someone on another forum posted VERY detailed instructions on turn-signal and relay replacement:

Last edited:
Top Bottom