Arrow Dark / Pilen Svart

BISavage

champion rider
Seems to have taken the longest time to get my hands on one of these, and it was worth the wait; especially for everyone else it would seem.

Installed the Arrow Pro Race "Dark" and have a few hundred miles on it so far.

First impressions: smooth deep throaty mellow.

I havent had it on any closed courses to try it opened up.
With the db eater installed, (it only has one) it is just enough noise to hear while riding and doesnt seem loud, although it probably is louder than I think. It seems like other people respond from much further away than I am used to. What surprised me really.. got a ton of thumbs up and eager looks and in general people respond in a positive way to the tone (which is pretty much the opposite of what I am used to).

Interestingly it feels both Racey and Relaxed at the same time.

Check it out

20210617_213714.jpg

A little more detail:

Packaging: good.
Fitment: excellent.
Quality: looks good.
Surface: looks good.
Performance: very good.

To test performance I have a hill I use. I hit it at exactly 60 in 6th and see how it does when I roll on and then off and then on. Typically with after market pipes the bike loses speed and bogs down. Stock held speed and bogged only by excess throttle. With the arrow dark it pulls, and no matter how much I twist it doesnt bog, and keeps on pulling slowly increasing speed.

Also noticed the gears seems to have a larger usable rpm range, and at the top it either drops off or flattens out at 9.5, where stock as comparison pulls to the limiter at 11.

With a decat inside it feels like the air is too fast and the db killer needs to come out, which I didnt try.

Runs best with an aftermarket lid and the cat installed.

On a side note, after a 3 hour ride I decided the sound I hear through the helmet is identical to one of those super huge turbo diesel tractors with what looks like an 8" diameter exhaust pipe.

With a decat inside it feels like the air is too fast and the db killer needs to come out, which I didnt try.

Runs best with an aftermarket lid and the cat installed.

So, after further testing, I need to revise my statement above.

With both the Werks decat and Leo decat it feels like the air is too fast, with the Arrow decat its awesome.

When I tested it with the Arrow Decat and Coober lid, I got the best fuel economy to date, just shy of 90mpg.
I bet with fresh oil and a wash/wax job I would have broke the 90 miles per gallon mark.

That mean 150% of the distance traveled on the same amount of fuel 🤯

So after trying the Arrow cat delete, I got a wild hair and threw on the stock cat on and the werkes chamber delete, with the Arrow PR Dark.

Now that is what I am talking about.

Compared with other slip ons the Arrow has a very large opening in which the db killer is installed, which I would assume is why it sounds so good with the werkes pipe.

I also feel that it performs better than with the chamber, probably again due to the design of the pipe.

For now, my favorite setup with the Arrow pipe, by far.

Compared with other slip ons the Arrow has a very large opening in which the db killer is installed.

I would assume that this adds to the "reflection" of the sound in addition to the "absorbtion" as well as the deeper sound.

(The db killer on the left is arrow)
20210713_135624.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom