Abs brake bleeding

Actionabe

expert rider
Per the manual you need the husqvarna scan tool to bleed the brakes because you have to actuate the abs pump. I had all my lines off the pump when I was putting the new lines on for the dual disk conversion and ever since then I feel like whenever the abs actuates when riding it introduces very small air bubbles that makes the lever get slightly soft. The funny thing is once the abs goes off again sometimes it firms up..

I know the brake feel will never be as good going through the pump but with the dual disk you kind of need abs because braking is very aggressive. Any ideas on how to run the pump without putting the bike in the air and running it in first with the front wheel stationary?

OP
A

Actionabe

expert rider
Yeah, for me it is usually during hard braking over bumps in the road, after the activation though is when I feel the softness, not all the time but when it happens it is very noticeable.

Vatte

expert rider
The question how to bleed the system without a tester is answered already in another thread. But the start point is your dual disc conversion. ;)

A repetitive change with some abs brake runs in between does the job, too.

OP
A

Actionabe

expert rider
The question how to bleed the system without a tester is answered already in another thread. But the start point is your dual disc conversion. ;)

A repetitive change with some abs brake runs in between does the job, too.
I’ve been working on doing bleeds and then activating the abs and then bleeding again. Honestly I was a little surprised the abs still works fine for me with the added caliper.

Top Bottom