250 Improvements

BISavage

pro rider
So I was lookong as some pics of the new 250 and saw some things that are interesting

I got a question though, what are these things on the rear end at the licence holder arm, some sort of luggage support, or rather a safety guard...?

I see it on a good part of the pics, wouldnt know what to call it even for a search...

Screenshot_20210225-181318_Samsung Internet.jpg

BISavage

pro rider
Its original HQV from the 250... I installed it with the bushings and longer screws just like in the drawing and it fit without any modification or anything.

Screenshot_20210601-071810_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210601-071854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dr.Shifty

fast rider
Thanks for the diagram. Can you give me a link to where you bought it?

I've just spent another hour or two searching everything I can think of for Husky spare parts and come up with nothing. Even the part number they give here doesn't return any matches. Most of the parts sites are for chain saws or the blue/yellow Husky dirt bikes.
Thanks

BISavage

pro rider
So, typing in the part number I see that there are husky dealers in Austria, Germany, Russia, Sweden, UK, Ukraine,...
Not sure where you get it shipped from the best... not that a 20 dollar parts ends up with 40 dollar shipping...

Dr.Shifty

fast rider
I see you from austrailia so I typed in Husky Motorcycle Part Austrailia in google and selected one randomly...

They show it in the pic but dont list it in the list...

Thanks for the link. That place is 20 minutes from my home and although I found the store in my search I could not find the part. The problem with an Aussie store is that the 250 is not sold here and so they won't be carrying parts. The parts that are listed on that link are shared with the 401 so the numbers probably come up automatically on their data base.

I got nowhere searching for the part number by itself.

I'll keep an eye on how much mud gets thrown onto the shock and will look at making up something myself if it gets too messy. We are just heading into winter so mud and road grime will increase.

Top Bottom