Hitting the Pipe Catalogue

Now I have odd pictures in my head. I never wil wear daisy dukes, only my wife is allowed to wear them. ;)
Unfortunately the link pipe/mid pipe of the Works Ti is not titanium . Based on the weight informations from Arrow the Pro Race Ti is another kg lighter.

ModelWeight
Works Ti2,09 kg
Pro Race NiCr1,73 kg
Pro Race Ti1,03 kg

Edit: no Ti mid pipe for Works Ti

Last edited:
The pro race must be a titanium link pipe, I presume, because its welded together in on piece...

The difference in weight could be due to the quantity wool packing, rivits and form of the pipe.

(The prorace has so little packing it is more like a reflection damper than a absorption damper.)

That Arrow sticker is way better looking on that pipe than the long oval one!

Remember that after you change a pipe you should take it easy for the first half hour or 45 min so the bike can adjust.

Just my $.02, but I like the oval "badge" better. This yellow "A" is a little too prominent for me, and it's a sticker (I think). The long, oval one is an actual badge that is stamped from aluminum and riveted on.

My akra pipe (KTM 690 version) also has a sticker, and for a ~$1400 pipe, that's a bit too cheesy.

I've had many pipes over the years, and it's just nowadays that they are using stickers. They (most) have always been riveted on brackets - my preference. I think it's a cost savings move.

My LV 10 came with the laserer LV logo as seen in the pic I took, and also came with the LV logo with italian colors as heat resistant sticker.

Oh yeah, sometimes the stickers are specially made so that they change colors when the packing starts to wear out, just before the pipe starts to color or take damage (specially on carbon)

I was running catalytic converter with streight short pipe, just for weight/sound, much better then stock.
I'm going to do dyno at some point, we have one garage here in uk that apparently can remap stock ECU on 701's.
To be fair even if power gain is marginal [if any] i would still go for underbelly leo, just for look, also sound is brilliant [after mods ofc].
Did you do the Dyno run with this setup?

I have the Duke full Akrapovic on my Svart, originally ran it with a fuel dongle and airbox lid removed, certainly didn't feel like it lost power anywhere but it is pretty hard to be sure without a dyno run. I have since removed the airbox and added a PCV, definitely a lot more thrust everywhere. IMG_20221001_052840.jpg

Quieter until you goose it.

Didnt weight it yet, noticeably lighter especially when braking and I did have to adjust my suspension.

Quality is good, and it doesnt look like the chin and neck are connected in one line with the nose...

Legality is based on the area and use.
The same pipe is available for Vitpilen race only, 690 race only and 690 euro 3 with cat.

Edit: for power I have not had it on the dyno yet, it definately feels equally as strong, and requires less throttle.

Sure, I assumed the area we both are supposed to ride in (European Union --> Germany).

Back
Top Bottom