701 faults and durability

There is a sensor for the quick shifter on the clutch cover, if they opened the cover or fooled with the sensor, its possible the sensor is moved in position.

Probably need to recalibrate it with a diagnostics tool.

I dont have a full sized engine... I do have a Rekluse "automatic" clutch.

It has surely saved my paint job on countless occasions.

When it wears out, it will be replaced with the same.
@BISavage Sorry to quote such an old message. But did you use a Rekluse AutoClutch on Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701? I sent them an email asking for compatibility, and they said that there is no Rekluse for our Vit/Svart. Can you please tell me wich one did you use? I'm also looking for a autoclutch for my Svartpilen 701. Thank you

Isn't the Vit/Svart 701 clutch exactly the same as the SMC 690 ?
I don't know, that's why i'm asking. I know that Svart/Vit share a lot of parts with KTM, but i don't know about the clutch. Anyway...autoclutch feature and quickshifter on this bike would be awesome 😍

Nah no. The quickshifter is cool, but a clutch deciding for you when and how much to slip is not cool. Ride a gear too tall in the mountains downhill and there is always the risk of the clutch suddenly disengaging while engine braking. Also, you can't park your bike in gear anymore (against rolling off the sidestand).

Think about it.

Your point is right. I'll try to ride a bike with autoclutch, and then decide if i want it or not. Thank you!

I had the rekluse on my old 401 svartpilen.
It made the bike for me.

Now with the 701 vitpilen it is a different bike, I dont feel that it is absolutely necessary.

Although I personally have not tested it, there is one for a 690 that will work... not sure how many 690 ones there are though... so cross reference to the stock clutch is probably a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom