Project Racing Air Filter Lid

BISavage

champion rider
Project Racing has a filter lid?!?

Has anyone tried one yet?

I wouldnt mind trying one, I just have 2 concerns:

Power- From what I understand, the coober lid is tuned for power, and the @Projekt Racing one is as @travistravistravis mentioned thicker and might be occupying more volume in the airbox, might increase or decrease power (shrug) I also have the DNA one which is very well made, and obviously not tuned for power.

Performance- no glue or oil sealing the filter element might could lead to small mammals, etc., in the intake

Thanks for the interest! We run our Open Lid with the coober tune and it is a great combination. The reason we do not glue our filters is under high load the air can actually pull the filter from the lid and get sucked into the intake, we had this happen multiple times with coober lids. The way ours is designed has support behind the filter to prevent this from ever happening. We do also recommend oiling the filter before use.

Well, I personally have more than 1 coober lid and a DNA lid.

Never had any issues with a coober lid over many miles... and just to test I went and stuck my finger inside and the glue seems pretty solid.

@Projekt Racing - the USP on your filter it replaceable foam which makes it interesting as long as the performance is on par.

Does it have a groove for it to sit tight on the airbox?

Well, I personally have more than 1 coober lid and a DNA lid.

Never had any issues with a coober lid over many miles... and just to test I went and stuck my finger inside and the glue seems pretty solid.

@Projekt Racing - the USP on your filter it replaceable foam which makes it interesting as long as the performance is on par.

Does it have a groove for it to sit tight on the airbox?
All of our coober lid issues came from track use. 20 min sessions almost all high rpm and full throttle. You fill get a bit more air than coober as our foam is less dense. It does not have a groove but sits flush and tight to the airbox, a bead of light silicone can be added if you are worried about small particles sneaking through

Thanks for the interest! We run our Open Lid with the coober tune and it is a great combination. The reason we do not glue our filters is under high load the air can actually pull the filter from the lid and get sucked into the intake, we had this happen multiple times with coober lids. The way ours is designed has support behind the filter to prevent this from ever happening. We do also recommend oiling the filter before use.
Huh, I oiled mine before I knew this. I also stretched a filter skin over it.

I wouldnt mind trying one, I just have 2 concerns:

Power- From what I understand, the coober lid is tuned for power, and the @Projekt Racing one is as @travistravistravis mentioned thicker and might be occupying more volume in the airbox, might increase or decrease power (shrug) I also have the DNA one which is very well made, and obviously not tuned for power.

Performance- no glue or oil sealing the filter element might could lead to small mammals, etc., in the intake
May I ask your impressions on the DNA lid? Why do you say that it isn't tuned for power?
Is it significantly thicker, more dense?
Has anyone done any testing?
I've been considering it, combined with a larger injector, full exhaust. It seemed like the highest airflow design.

Back
Top Bottom