Special Edition 701 Coming!

They're giving them away to celebs I read the other day, and will probably end up in fashion boutiques in Milan or NY as props, to never be ridden...

And tbf, I'm a motorcycle freak, and my wife a big fan of Replay jeans, but neither of us liked them. It's weird.

My 0.02....

The bronze is nice but riding a bike that's branded with a clothing logo is not my thing. I have enough trouble finding tee shirts that don't include the logo across the front as if I'm a billboard.

In recent years I've had two Indians, and they partner with Jack Daniels each year to produce a branded special edition of one of their bikes. The one I really liked was a Scout. Jack Daniels has their own fire station with trucks and firefighter crews and the JD Scout had that theme and came with a fireman's axe. That was a bit of cool I'd take on. :)

Being very limited editions (only 10), and the Vitpilen 701 discontinued anyway, I don’t expect them to sell any of them.

Several years ago a riding mate of mine was off riding through southern Africa, including a week in the deserts of Namibia. They came over a dune and way down in the distance there was some sort of a settlement. The tour guide was perplexed as there was nothing there before. They rode down and found the Mad Max movie set. The Mad Max movies were usually made in desert country out of Broken Hill, here in western NSW, but every few years they get heavy rains and the desert turns to mile after mile of wildflowers. That happened when the movie was scheduled and so they had to find a different desert or have the Mad Max crazies driving around in a mass of pink and yellow. :)

Back
Top Bottom